Accessing My Coindrop Funds?

Discussion in 'Addresses' started by MadHatting, Apr 30, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I am attempting to start working more with Decred. I have a couple different keys and seeds because there was an issue when I first created the address but told I had done everything right and that one of them properly received funds. Either way, I have no idea where to enter this information for access to them?

2. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Hello.
    https://forum.decred.org/threads/br...-included-with-basic-commands-os-neutral.478/

This will help.
    If you need any help in performing the steps, send me a message.

3. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I have more than one seed due to an error during signup and believe I entered the wrong one. Can I start the process over? When I enter my address on mainnet I see the coins...

4. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    U cannot sign up again. But I don't think that will be necessary.

The problem is that when the seed was provided it was split into 3 lines. So while entering the seed u need to remove those "next line" spaces. If you are unable to understand what I am saying, try to enter the complete seed manually. With only a space between words.

5. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I definitely understand what you are saying. What I am saying is while signing up for the air drop I somehow ended up making two addresses with two separate seeds. So I have two decred addresses and two seeds. I checked both addresses and one of them has the airdropped decred. I think while going through the steps to gain access to it via cmd prompt I think I registered the wrong seed.

6. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Must I access the wallet via cmd or can I use the seeds to get access via an online wallet?

7. dave

dave New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Are you using linux or windows? if windows, go to explorer and type %localappdata% in the address bar. Delete the dcrwallet folder. Then repeat the process of creating the wallet by opening a command prompt and using dcrwallet --create (it sounds like you already did this once)

David likes this.
  8. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I had a difficult time troubleshooting with one of the developers when signing up for the airdrop. I have two seeds that were both submitted at one point in time. Neither of them are attached to the adderess the funds are located at. Please, is there nothing I can do? This is devastating and extremely frustrating.

Attached Files:

9. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I never had the correct seed to begin with... now what??

Attached Files:

10. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    One of those addresses has the funds. You just have to figure out which seed has the address. It's a 50/50 shot, but you will have to delete your wallet file and recreate the wallet from the seed and then issue a command to check which seed has the funds. Also, watch out for anyone PM'ing you asking for your seed to try and "help" you. The process should be as follows:

- As @dave said above, go to explorer (in Windows) and type %localappdata% in the address bar. Delete the dcrwallet folder.
    (EDIT: %appdata% dumps me into \AppData\Roaming. The dcrwallet folder is actually in \AppData\Local\)
    - Run dcrd and let it sync up fully to the blockchain. This will take some time.
    - Run dcrwallet --create and enter one of your seeds.
    - After your wallet is created, run dcrctl --wallet getbalance to see the balance of this wallet. Make sure dcrd is fully sync'd prior to this.
    - Alternatively you can also use dcrctl --wallet getaccount DsdHPx2cxgutRhkhooLkhQ8y9fgH4SCnYy4. If it returns "default" then you have the wallet with the correct seed. If it shows -4: address not found in wallet, then you have the wrong seed and you need to start this process over with the other seed.

Hopefully you have your 2 seeds still. I would like to see you get your airdrop, which is still sitting there waiting to be claimed.
    Post up if you get stuck or see this guide for more details.
    https://docs.decred.org/getting-started/user-guides/windows/

11. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    When verifying my seeds neither gives me the wallet address that has the funds?

12. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    What are you using to verify your seeds? Were there more than the 2 seeds involved when you went through the airdrop registration procedure?

13. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    The verify app inside the decred folder via cmd. I only have two seeds, I've only had two this entire time. Neither of them match the address that has the funds. :(

14. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I am on my phone atm but I hope that the addresses to seeds change.. Or I wasnt verifying the seed properly or something. Ill check your suggestions tomorrow. Any feedback or help was and is appreciated. Thanks for trying

15. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
  16. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I managed to sync to the decred network and connect both wallet seeds - both have a zero balance. I do not have the proper seed, just two worthless ones. I thought this was going to be a problem but obviously theres nothing I could do before registration for the drop (I tried and spoke to a moderator who helped "direct" me) or now, unless a 3rd seed miraculously appeared, is there?

17. Louis Stocking

Louis Stocking New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I have two email addresses registered on the forum, this is also MadHatting

18. Louis Stocking

Louis Stocking New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I knew something was wrong during registration. I never lose seeds, this is just a big misfortune. :(

19. woot

woot New Member
    Pool Operator (PoS)

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    It sounds like you had a 3rd seed somewhere at some point. I'm assuming you delete your wallet folders instead of just renaming them (I am paranoid, so I tend to just rename them and let them sit around for awhile until I feel comfortable). Perhaps you might get lucky and search for the keys

Also, you did let dcrd and dcrwallet sync up 100% right? (Although really the airdrop would be a very early block so probably would show up pretty quickly either way). If you want a second set of eyes, you can PM someone the master pub key and they can view the wallet but not make any signed transactions. Only caveat is they'll be able to see all your transactions you make, so just keep that in mind.

20. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I deleted them but not entirely... Any ideas?