Accessing My Coindrop Funds?

Discussion in 'Addresses' started by MadHatting, Apr 30, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. woot

woot New Member
    Pool Operator (PoS)

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    That depends on what you mean by not entirely. Also, could you be lucky and you have it still sitting in your trash folder / recycle bin / time machine / backintime? ;-)

2. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Are you talking about a 3rd seed or the initial wallet I created on my computer? I never emptied my trash.

3. woot

woot New Member
    Pool Operator (PoS)

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    Well, I'm just thinking that if you did have a 3rd seed that you created, perhaps you deleted a file that had the seed in it, or the wallet you might have created with that seed. I'm just saying to maybe scour the Trash to see if you can get lucky.

I forget now how the generator worked. I seem to remember it created a file, but I can't remember if it created one with your seed or just the public one or both. I also seem to remember that it would not automatically overwrite this file, requiring you to delete it first (which means it might be in the Trash).

Grasping at straws, really. Without the seed for this wallet (or the created wallet itself), there is no hope. The most likely scenario from what I am hearing is that there is a 3rd seed.

4. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I am so upset. I know I do not have a third seed. I have this address and saved the seed to it but I seem to be shit out of luck. Something messed up during registration.

Attached Files:

5. woot

woot New Member
    Pool Operator (PoS)

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    I'm not really understanding the issue I guess. I see previously you show an image of confirmation for DsdHPx2cxgutRhkhooLkhQ8y9fgH4SCnYy4 which is exactly where the airdrop went.

https://mainnet.decred.org/address/DsdHPx2cxgutRhkhooLkhQ8y9fgH4SCnYy4

Seems like you had the seed at some point for this which is why I suggested to scour your Trash. Sorry.

6. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    No its not it starts with dsp55 look again.... Smh =(

7. woot

woot New Member
    Pool Operator (PoS)

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    I was referring to a previous image you posted in this thread. #8

8. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, I had issues with one of them and registered two after speaking with a moderator who supposedly submitted the second airdropped confirmation I posted in place of the first. Obviously, the opposite happened and the address I didn't have the seed to was the one that ended up getting the air drop. I thought I had this sorted out prior to the airdrop deadline. This and that were huge hassle. I'm so disappointed. This is the only address I have a seed to that was submitted for the drop is the one that was never submitted. Wow what an awful experience.

9. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I was really interested in getting mire involved in this currency. Guess I'll have to hope for better luck in the future though. Thanks for trying to help guys. =(

10. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    I'm still willing to bet that one of them has your funds.

On previous releases of the software, the dcrwallet utility was having difficulty in detecting transactions and therefore reporting the correct balance. I think those issues have been resolved, but just in case, that is why I suggested you check to see if the address is a part of each of the wallets. Did you do the getaccount command listed above?

11. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    I am not a programmer type of guy and am using the newest release and followed every suggestion given to me. I am 99 percent sure I am at a loss. I know the basics but mainly I am a crytocollector interested in Pow and Pos transactions not the interior code of wallets and cmd prompts. I do appreciate all the help from the network you guys have created and hope dcr goes to the moon.

12. MadHatting

MadHatting New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    The extended public key won't help at all??

13. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    If you still have dcraddrgen downloaded, you can use that to verify which seed is for which address (if not, the source is still available at https://github.com/decred/dcraddrgen)

dcraddrgen -verify
    Enter seed #1 and see what address it spits out

dcraddrgen -verify
    Enter seed #2 and see what address it spits out

Verifying this way would help separate seed issues from wallet issues.

David likes this.