Accessing My Wallet

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Ubik, Oct 25, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    Hello!
    I've bought as many PoS tickets i could during the 0.0.7 wallet period (on the Decred stake pool) and i've just let them sit there, wallet closed and all.
    Yesterday i tought i'd better check my DCR situation and downloaded the latest wallet. So i just opened it and found three boxes, while in the first i let the "127.0.0.1" stand, i tried to use my dcrd credentials in the second and the third; this was the result:

[​IMG]

So i tired to access it via web wallet, using my seed. And i got this error:
    [​IMG]

Can anyone help me to regain control of my wallet somehow?

2. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    For the webwallet, have you imported or created a wallet at wallet.decred.org before? If not, then you need to use Create Wallet then specify your seed.

3. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    What version of the installer are you trying to use? Do you have a dcrd running?

4. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    Yep, i use create wallet / import wallet and write down my seed

That was it! I wasn't running dcrd!
    But now can't figure out where to import my seed, paymetheus made me a new account

5. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    So webwallet isn't designed to tabulate all of your ticket/vote outputs so it won't give you an accurate balance for those transactions.

6. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    We are still deving out the process in which to importseed into PM, you'd need to you dcrwallet to reseed.

7. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    I think my tickets are long time done/expired, i just need to find a way to open my wallet using the seed...
    Can i use the last version of the cli wallet without incourring in problems moving my coins?

I wish i could just import the seed in the web wallet but what kind of error is that?

8. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Yes, we recommend you use the latest version of dcrd/dcrwallet to recover your wallet. Sync has drastically improved since you last used it.

You can use the webwallet. I was just warning you that it may not show an accurate balance.

Click on add wallet, then create new wallet, open the advanced options, under wallet recovery phrase click Specify... then enter your seed there.

9. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    The webwallet is not working right for me.

So i tried recreating form seed using 0.5.1:
    Cleared the old appdata/roamin folders
    Made Dcrd sync again fully
    Used dcrwallet to --create a new wallet and imported my seed, it went well and it synced too
    Now i am missing the "dcrctl" part...

Sorry for being this bad with this stuff :(

10. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    No worries :)

So to start try: dcrctl -l

That will show you all the available commands you can ask of dcrd or wallet (add --wallet to access those commands)

For best block: dcrctl getbestblock

For example to see your stake information you can do: dcrctl --wallet getstakeinfo

For default account balance with 1 confirmation: dcrctl --wallet getbalance default 1

For sending: dcrctl --wallet sendtoaddress <address> <amountofDCR>

Those are the important commands I use on a daily basis.

The other thing you probably have to make sure is configured is your rpc username/password. This is a typical test set up I use:
    dcrd -u USER -P PASSWORD --txindex --addrindex
    dcrwallet -u USER -P PASSWORD --enablestakemining --promptpass

Then you can submit commands with:
    dcrctl -u USER -P PASSWORD --wallet getbalance

Please let us know if you need any further help. We just released 0.6.0 today that provides huge improvements to wallet rescanning.

Ubik likes this.
  11. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    @ay-p, creation of the new web wallet in iOS 10 (safari / chrome) is not working as expected.

I've noticed that Safari has some restrictions for localStorage in the Private mode (actually, it seems there is no local storage).
    But also users complaining that it doesn't work even in the normal mode. When I tested it in iPod ( iOS 9 ), I've noticed that wallet was successfully created, but there was no redirect from the /disclaimer page to the home /#.

Other user saying it's just stuck in the phase of "Creating new wallet ..."

Attached Files:

12. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    Oh i'm sorry, i didn't explain my self correctly. I remeber the commands from the old 0.1.3.
    My problem is i can't seem to find the dcrctl.exe in the 0.5.1 folder...

It's kind of embarassing really, i'm sure the solution is trivial but i can't figure it out yet :confused:

13. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Ahhh, yah that was a bug on our end with an updated build script. dcrctl.exe was left out. But it is back into our 0.6.0 release (from last week), so you should be good to go.