Advocate User Group

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by tacotime, Jan 5, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    #1 tacotime, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Hey everyone, we're setting up an "advocate" user group on the forum. User groups represent a core area of contribution. So if you're interested in doing advocacy work on Decred, you can post here and we'll get you into that group. It's an identifier for other advocates to see you're also contributing in that area so that potential collaboration on projects can develop and occur.

Examples include activity on social media, blogging, posting on other forums, and so on. Hope to see lots of interested parties, no matter how big or small your presence on other platforms. Raising awareness is going to be very important to share Decred technology with others.

Note: It doesn't mean you can't contribute in other areas! It's just a marker for your skill set, if you choose to make that known to others. You can also change into different user groups as you please, so it's not a static identifier.

Updates:
    • 04:30 AM CST (01/21/16) - Updated with more information here ("Calling All Tweeters, Redditors, And Other Advocates!").

Renato Abreu and RegenX like this.
  2. 418Sec

418Sec Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    I am In! :D

tacotime likes this.
  3. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Nice! Make sure you post here where you're going to be active (Twitter, reddit, your own site, etc.). If it's sensitive and you'd prefer to keep that out of public view (i.e., not linked to your account here), send me a PM about it so you can still enter into the group. Just want to make sure the user group is filled with people who are engaged in advocacy (or have plans to begin advocacy work).

418Sec likes this.
  4. raditya

raditya New Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    Student
    Malaysia
    Anyplace for me sir ?? you can add me sir if you need advocate user group;)

tacotime likes this.
  5. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    For sure. Do you have a platform in mind that you can share (publicly or privately) where you want to do advocacy work? I.e., Twitter, reddit, a blog or a site, etc.

6. tacotime likes this.
  7. DecredMiner

DecredMiner New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Scotland
    I'm in too. I plan to write a digital marketing blog post soon that mentions why businesses should use virtual currencies. Are you guys quite happy for me to do so? It will be published on a major digital marketing site. Just wanted to make sure there aren't any press embargoes or anything before I start blogging.

tacotime likes this.
  8. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Sure you can! Just make sure it's through your Instagram account, since the project can't support raising awareness through a file sharing site with material that may be violating copyright law.

This would be excellent. The project can really benefit from your experience since I'm familiar with other pieces you've written too. We can't speak to press right now, but if you can send me a PM with more details on what you've got planned, I can make a note of that and get back to you the instant we can speak directly to people in media again (and I mean that - I'll keep the commitment). You're active and contributing as part of the community here, so it's really important for me to get in touch with you.

9. jmac12

jmac12 New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    Count me in

tacotime likes this.
  10. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Will do. Let me know where you plan to operate from so the project and community can bump advocates up on other platforms as well - and help you get exposure if the ideas are constructive.

11. Maicol792

Maicol792 New Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    I'm in.... and enthusiast of it... you can crate a DCR ENTHUSIAST GROUP? thanks

tacotime likes this.
  12. Estb

Estb New Member
    Translator (Português)

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    I want to participate.
    I will write a blog or site in Brazil, where I live. I intend to explain to Brazilians as have access to decred like mine, sell, buy, etc.

tacotime likes this.
  13. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Thanks. Yes, the plan is to create a user group for people who contribute lots on the forum but don't have another core competency they're using right now. They will go into an enthusiast-type user group. Once the community has grown a bit, that'll happen.

This would be awesome. Once the airdrop invitation e-mails go out and things settle down a bit, I'm going to create this group and start adding people to it.

S1lentB0SS likes this.
  14. S1lentB0SS

S1lentB0SS New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    @_ingsoc Yes i'm. The most important thing is that Decreders can connect with each others. And we will help to do so!

tacotime likes this.
  15. Spayse

Spayse New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    hi Im a writer for CCN I have contacted op about an interview. We want to shine light on this project. most people know me as a promoter but recently i have been hired as a writer. I feel I can paint this thing so pretty that everyone would be crazy not to support it

tacotime, Jim and S1lentB0SS like this.
  16. S1lentB0SS

S1lentB0SS New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    @Spayse do have get some response? Kindly

tacotime likes this.
  17. Spayse

Spayse New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    yea but they are not going to give me the story until AFTER LAUNCH. :( They gave a very good reason and it has to do with putting all effort into launch. maybe u can let them know what you think. I personally think It would be better to have the interview and launch happen on the same day.
    I know these guys know what they are doing so i am sure they have their reasons

tacotime likes this.
  18. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Hey buddy, is there a website where we can see your work?

19. Spayse

Spayse New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    tacotime and Blizzy like this.
  20. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript