Airdrop Airdrop Conclusion And Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. 44blox

44blox New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 17, 2015
    Male
    sleepy
    Sweden
    Nice! thanks for the info

2. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    I'm not sure what the airdrop is. I'm just tuning in. I found an article about decred on the hacker news and I read about it and I think it would be a good idea to get in on the ground floor. I'll definitely be getting my hands on some coin as soon as possible.

3. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    The airdrop signup (to get free decred coins) just ended.
    The rough estimate is around 184 coins/tokens will be given to each person. They are estimated to value each coin at $0.5 at launch. So you missed out on about $90 if they are correct. These are just estimates I've seen on the forum.

Don't worry though. From the sounds of it there will be opportunities to earn some if you keep a close eye on the forum. Or someone might be nice enough to donate some. You could try to post a message on _ingsoc 's profile. He is handling everything to do with the airdrop. I've no idea about how strict they are with the deadline.

4. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    #24 LastNinja, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    This is crystal ball gazing. The market will determine the price. It could be 5 cents a coin or 0.1 cents.

Acilius and Evilbunny like this.
  5. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    Only the market will determine the value ... and certainly no one knows this value yet, what the company will pay at the beginning is 0.49 cent, that's what I know.

6. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    No, the company won't pay anything. They hope the price will average at USD 0.49 (not 0.49 cens!) to recover their investment. Nothing more.

7. notedvlad

notedvlad New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Dev wrote 0.49 usd at least to cover expense.If market price is lower, i'm afradi about it,cause dev will have a lost.

8. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    That's the minimum price they need over a long time, to cash out slowly and recover their investment. It isn't a guaranteed price as someone implied earlier ("what the company will pay at the beginning is") since this isn't PayCoin or what the name of that scam was again. They also can't dump them all at once obviously as that would make the price bomb. Hence "over a long time". Of course the initial price could be 1 cent or 10 cents and stay that low over a full year. Market decides. In that case they just have to wait a bit longer until they can sell their coins without loss.

9. Dezryth

Dezryth New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 12, 2016
    Male
    Systems Software Engineer
    Plano, TX
    Thanks for the update! Very excited :]

10. kirigi

kirigi Jr. Member

Dec 29, 2015
    crypt-analyst/researcher
    #30 kirigi, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    There are around 950 forum members and assuming another 1000 who signed for airdrop without joining forums, the number comes down to 400 coins ( total airdrop coins for free 800000).

so, airdrop size is expected to be atleast 400 coins.

raahi, eshriek and badani like this.
  11. badani

badani New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Female
    India
    good to hear a better estimate, others are estimating less than 200 decred coins per airdrop.

12. above

above New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Decred is more advanced than Bitcoin, has great devs, has the same amount of coins. Bitcoin is $400, 49 cents for Decred is very low. Bear in mind that just because Bitcoin took so long to reach a high price doesn't mean it should take so long for Decred aswell. Things go faster now, the industry is much more evolved than couple years ago.

13. Acilius

Acilius New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    Consultant
    Hamburg, Germany
    really? only ca. 2k ppl. are involved at this stage? I mean, not withstanding my generalization, this seems a bit low for this kind of project. Where have you pulled these #'s? From the forum?

14. kirigi

kirigi Jr. Member

Dec 29, 2015
    crypt-analyst/researcher
    yes, ofcourse decred forum currently has
    Members:
    So assuming the interest, and assuming another 1000 who just signed using the url and email on front page, i have reached this figure.Also, i have used my superman's X-ray vision. Developers will throw light on this ASAP probably within next 12 hrs ( confirming my estimates).

raahi likes this.
  15. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    I`m sure there are more as it was pretty much activity on the website more than the forum. Let's say 3k people :).

16. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    As has been posted, the final numbers will be made available after everything is finalized, but I did want to point out that it's 840,000 coins that are being distributed as opposed to 800,000 as you have here. Also, according to your user estimates, 840,000 / 1950 = 430.76. That's only roughly half as much as the 800 you arrived at.

Please note I have no details about the final numbers so don't take this post as any kind of indicator of number of participants. I'm just pointing out the math mistake in the quoted post and proper number of total coins being distributed.

guaamarals and anondran like this.
  17. cyourmoney

cyourmoney New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Retired
    Millgrove on canada
    Waiting patiently in the wings.

18. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Thanks Dave, catch some sleep matey.

19. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    I would just bet everyone to hold their coins until the price reaches 50-100$ or more in the future

20. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Why do you think a coin would have any value until people start to trade it or spend it?