Airdrop Airdrop Conclusion And Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    More people selling===> Price Decreases
    More people buying===> Price increases

What do U prefer?

2. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    If nobody sells ("everyone to hold their coins") the coin has zero value. It's not about what I prefer. It's about market economy principles.

Reminds me of the late adopters who called that guy a stupid who spent 30k BTC for 2 pizzas in 2011.

Acilius and Freemind like this.
  3. Freemind

Freemind Member
    Translator (Español)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    I fully agree with you LastNinja. These 2 pizzas are a life lesson applicable to any coin.

LastNinja likes this.
  4. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    That was just my opinion. You could do whatever you want with them. But there should be active trading for a coin to exist

Acilius likes this.
  5. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I never said or implied I would sell mine. I just wanted to point out that what you proposed is not possible, i.e. nobody sell and price will skyrocket.

6. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Those two pizzas were a wise investment. They proved that bitcoin had value in the real world, and could be used internationally. And at the value for the time, they bought a lot more good PR then you might think.

7. develCuy

develCuy New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    When people start talking about selling/buying or how to pump up/down coins, things look like "this is just another coin". IMHO decred has the potential to become more than just a coin. We should remember this: "The fusion of technology, community, and governance the Decred way means development is self-funding and remains sustainable." (read the homepage)

There are hundreds of other coins that you guys can use for speculation, decred was created for a greater purpose and we should be talking about HOW to create a market and grow a market that uses decred in a sustainable way, (with a growing curve of course).
    Remember (or learn) that money (alias: value) can be created or destroyed. Cash/coins help to transfer values. So if we focus on pumping/trading coins, I see no differential factor here. Rather, if we focus on creating value and using decred to transfer value (the good way of trading), then the sky is the limit!

Last but not least, decred has a differential factor: governance, "a system of community-based governance integrated into its blockchain", which comes from experience, as Bitcoin falls with a failing improvised governance model. Even if Bitcoin survives, Free Software communities demonstrated several times that with the right governance, it can only flourish and change the world (decred will IMHO)

In short, we can do things the right way this time! Please help :)

Flavia Azevedo, koolykg and Dezryth like this.
  8. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Here is a bet for you. I bet 100 Bitcoin that one year after launch Decred will have less value than Bitcoin. Accept? ;)

9. above

above New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    #49 above, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    What i mean is promising project these days gain rapidly in price because Crypto technology has catched on and is much more mainstream than before.

10. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Will two years fit you better? Or three? Both are fine for me. Accept?

Should be no problem since you said "bear in mind that just because Bitcoin took so long to reach a high price doesn't mean it should take so long for Decred aswell". Almost sure win for you ;)

11. above

above New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Well high price for me isnt $400 per se, even $10 is fine. Project these days gain rapidly in price because Crypto technology has catched on and is much more mainstream than before.

Acilius likes this.
  12. Acilius

Acilius New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    Consultant
    Hamburg, Germany
    and that's one of the problems with the system as it is. Well, not so much 'problem' as it is falling into one of the camps that a large portion of the users (not active) fall into. Now that the exponential rise of BTC has occurred since its inception, a lot of people hold onto their coins like they'll be able to retire on them (mild exaggeration). On the other hand, know that coins are the digital equivalent of money in the sense that they carry a value: use them for purchasing goods and services. The price will most certainly be representative of the current market value. When the value of the coin increases, the price of the good/service will be adjusted accordingly.
    What I''m saying and also a believer of is that while embracing the concept and structure of decred it will be important to 'use' decred coins in order to support its quick and forced proliferation and the usage (a representation of acceptance) is a large factor of why it would/will gain in value.
    Thoughts?

Dezryth and Michael Crego like this.
  13. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    Well said. Mainstream awareness, and usage are essential to reach full potential of the project.

14. comeclarity

comeclarity New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Final batch has been sent. Waiting for invitation.

15. guaamarals

guaamarals New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    This plot was the end ? You will not have another? I'm upset , I did not receive my then

16. comeclarity

comeclarity New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Me too. Not received,also checked in spam folder. But i was added to db.
    Maybe is just a matter of minutes. I hope.

17. guaamarals

guaamarals New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    I have not received , I looked already , wanted to

18. Thijs

Thijs New Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 14, 2016
    Male
    Comeclarity where did you get that information? I think there are still 2 batches of invitations coming if I'm correct

19. guaamarals

guaamarals New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Dear guaamarals, final batch of invitations went out on January 18th, 2016. Please check your spam if you haven't whitelisted e-mail from decred.org. Next milestone is public testnet and welcoming miners!

I think that means it's the latter, although I wanted more

20. comeclarity

comeclarity New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Yes, they said last 2 batch, but now changed in last 1.

From bitcointalk decred dev post:
    "Last batch of invitation e-mails are firing! Please make sure you have @decred.org whitelisted in case it goes to spam. Next milestone is public testnet and welcoming Decred's miners with binaries and specifications!"

But i was added to db and accepted my invitation. Will wait..