Airdrop Airdrop Conclusion And Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Thijs

Thijs New Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 14, 2016
    Male
    Oh sorry I didn't check my e-mail. But I recieved mine, really excited now!

2. guaamarals

guaamarals New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    The emails are not sent all at once , are sent progressively and are still being sent , will still reach

3. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Received my Airdrop E-Mail, thanks. :)

4. Viriat0

Viriat0 New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Me too :)

Thanks

5. guaamarals

guaamarals New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
  6. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    You have actually studying and understanding the beginning of decred, this value of 0.49 usd is to encourage progamadores, desineres and others who are contributing to the growth of money. Carefully read the decred the pages.

7. windyfly

windyfly New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Thanks for the hard work. I'd like to "contribute" once I'm done with my current work. Analysis and promoting is also a contribution I guess...

8. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I follow Decred since day 1. Why did you write then that "the company will pay at the beginning is 0.49 cent"? The company won't pay anything for anyone's DCR. They are rather looking to sell their "pre-mine" to recover their investment. And it wasn't 0.49 cent anyway, but 49 cents. As I wrote previously.

jmac12 likes this.
  9. Karman

Karman New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Sr. System Administrator
    Spain
    The market price is not about if you're willing to sell or to buy, but about the rate of selling vs. buying.

If there is more to sell than to buy price goes down, if there is more to buy than to sell then price goes up.

Demand is the key.

jmac12 and anderson le like this.
  10. rig1

rig1 New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    #70 rig1, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Mail are still in send process.
    Just have patience

11. Freemind

Freemind Member
    Translator (Español)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Airdrop E-Mail received, thank you!

John Ennis and jmac12 like this.
  12. qwep

qwep New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Airdrop E-Mail received, thank you!

13. Vanputlei

Vanputlei Jr. Member
    Translator (Nederlands)

Jan 12, 2016
    Male
    Belgium
    Same here, well received!! Thanks!!

Freemind likes this.
  14. Morph

Morph New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the clear instruction and information. e-mail received looking forward to next milestone.

Freemind likes this.
  15. John Ennis

John Ennis New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Ireland
    I received the email too, exciting times ahead

16. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    My friend, I can this from day one, more reading what's good about, did not even ... Read carefully this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.0 and how not know if will read all put the text below: "READ WITH ATTENTION"

iii. Initial Funding and Airdrop

Decred opted for a different funding model in an attempt to shift the risk carried by supporters to the developers of the project. Instead of asking interested parties to fund the development of the software, the developers Decided to pool funds together and carry the project to completion before making it public. The consensus was que this is an ethical path Given the realities of funding software development, due to collegues developers alone carry the risk of the project failing, Whereas in the past potential users Were expected to pay for coins before any code was written . We felt this was unjust.

The development of Decred was funded by Company 0 and from the pockets of its developers individually. The cost of Developing the project, in terms of developer pay, totals to Approximately USD 250,000, Which Company 0 paid to developers. An additional amount of USD 165,000 Approximately Has Been allocated for unpaid work and individual purchases by developers. We felt que the most equitable way to handle compensation for These expenses was to perform a small premine the part of the project launch. The model is unusual in que at developer received any amount of coins for free - all coins owned by developers will either be Purchased at a rate of USD 00:49 per coin from Their own pockets or Exchanged for work Performed at the same rate.

The premine Consists of 8% of the total supply of 21 million coins, meaning the premine Consists of 1.68 million coins. Rather than allocating the entire premine to the bring-up costs, we Decided to split equally between the premine compensation for bring-up and an "airdrop", where we freely give an equal amount of coins to the number of participants airdrop. This means Company 0 and its developers will have put Roughly USD 415 000 into the bring-up since April, 2014 and receive 4% of the total supply, 840,000 coins (at USD 00:49 per coin). The remaining 4% will be spread evenly across the list of participants of the airdrop part of an effort to build the Decred network and decentralize its distribution. Coins held by Company 0 will be used to fund its ongoing work on open-source projects, such as Decred and btcsuite.

Giving away These coins in an airdrop Allows us to ACCOMPLISH several things at once for the project: enlarge the Decred network, further help decentralize the distribution of coins, and allow us to get coins into the hands of people who are interested in participating in the project. Decred is fundamentally about technological progress, so the airdrop will target que Individuals have made contributions to advance technology in its various forms. The maximum number of participants is capped at airdrop 5,000 Individuals, so we recommend Registering sooner rather than later. These coins will be given Beheerder away unconditionally and there is zero expectation of receiving anything Decred from you in return for These coins.

Sign up for the airdrop is currently open, but the airdrop registration will commence on January 4th, 2016. People who Have Been selected to Participate in the airdrop will receive an email that contains a link to a web registration form. This form will require airdrop participants to enter an address to Which Their coins can be sent. Binaries and source code will be made available so That You can generate the wallet seed and an address for your airdrop coins. Once you have entered your receiving address into the webform and airdrop Submitted it, you will receive your coins on the projected launch date of January, 18th, 2016.

17. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    I missed the airdrop but whatever. I'll buy coin when I can. Hell I'll work for some coin. Anybody need marketing? SEO?

18. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    I booked a http://decredcrew.com/ site and would like some partners, and all services will be DECRED and charge movement percentages and split up the decred with site developers. If you Interceptor will be welcomed ...

19. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Sounds good. Let's talk.

20. bitfilm

bitfilm New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Video Producer
    I received the email! Very excited!!