Airdrop Airdrop Conclusion And Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. biyu1981

biyu1981 New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Female
    很高兴能参加,并期待DECRED

2. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    大家都我的朋友

3. windyfly

windyfly New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Hello, friend. I guess the notice you put up in the Chinese division is google translated. A shame that I didn't do it myself. Hah

4. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Actually, that brings up a good point.

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for people using machine translation to also include an untranslated copy of their post? Machine translation is imperfect, moreso on some translations than others, and this would allow the reader to double-check the translation in the event that (like me) they know enough of the original language to get the gist even without being fluent.

tacotime and Lee Sharp like this.
  5. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Oh, yes! Automated translation is frightening!

tacotime and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  6. windyfly

windyfly New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    That's a good point! A link to the original will also work. People who don't know the original language will not be disturbed and people who are not satisfied can contribute to make it better.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  7. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I don't remember which language it was, but at one point there was one language on Google Translate that would actually reverse the meaning of a phrase translated into it. ("not"s were added or removed in inappropriate ways)

8. kirigi

kirigi Jr. Member

Dec 29, 2015
    crypt-analyst/researcher
    Today airdrop sign-up statistics will be made public (100 %) and testnet will launch within this week (99.9%) ..... adrenaline is increasing at fast levels.

raahi, badani, highlonesome and 3 others like this.
  9. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    An airdrop rundown is absolutely being posted today. It'll be in the Announcements section.

raahi, badani, Rune S and 5 others like this.
  10. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    #110 David, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Can't wait! This is a big step!

anondran likes this.
  11. John Ennis

John Ennis New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Ireland
    That's great news, thanks for the update guys

anondran likes this.
  12. Dezryth

Dezryth New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 12, 2016
    Male
    Systems Software Engineer
    Plano, TX
  13. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
  14. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    Haha, never heard of Zcash. I wonder why they got an article in Wired, might be worth pursuing. Decentralization is a big issue with Bitcoin, after all.

Also, Zcash is a really annoying name.

15. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I saw them pitched on CCN, but checking their website revealed *all* they have currently is the anonymizing system, which they just open-sourced.

Bold strategic move. Not wise, but bold.

highlonesome likes this.
  16. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    It was zerocoin, now zerocash,Zcash for short, I think. I was just checking on what was happening around ,and found a link to there homepage and checked it out.
    I found it a while back. They were talking in their forum about Decred, and seemed pretty worried imo. Things like. "What are we gonna do about Decred? They're almost ready to launch and we still have six months to go"
    That is not an exact quote, but something close. They do, admittedly, have nice features on the coin, but their backers have a less than stellar history, in the eyes of John Q. Public, thanks to the media. It will make things much more difficult to achieve " mainstream" acceptance. Zcash opted for money now from whoever they could get it from, rather than maintain integrity. Also, in case you didn't read through the whole thing, or if it was in a different article than the link I posted, Zcash plans on taxing the currency at a rate of 11% to reimburse the team, etc,
    That definitely will not boost desire for it.

Decred has been professional on all levels, and always maintained integrity, and that's probably THE most important thing.

John Ennis and highlonesome like this.
  17. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    Nice anonymity, yes, but WOW that tax. My jaw literally dropped. 11% is just a mind-numbingly dumb idea. Maybe they're just banking on darknet markets using it, tolerating the tax for the anonymity. Either way, that high of a tax is probably a deal breaker for most people.

18. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    My sentiments exactly.

19. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    The decision to make that move, which(pure speculation here, no basis of fact known to me) was most likely the brainchild of Barry Silbert, and company. No particular reason for his name, just the one I remembered along with Ulbricht.
    And I don't believe the latter will be much benefit having his name tied to the coin, either

20. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Being worried about other cryptocoins pretty much turns me off of them completely. Capitalism is not a zero-sum game. What benefits one person benefits everyone.(And if it doesn't benefit everyone, then it doesn't benefit anyone.)

Decred supporters should not think of other coins as "rivals." They are other economies which can benefit and grow alongside this one.