Airdrop Confirmation Support

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by tacotime, Jan 6, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Karmux

Karmux New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    What's the 64 characters hash I have saved?

2. antyivan

antyivan New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Male
    sambiohazard likes this.
  3. bkolobara

bkolobara New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    Hi,

during the airdrop I created my address using:
    dcraddrgen --noseed master.key

Now the file master.key contains Address and Private key. Now I guess the private key is in the WIF.
    How do I actually import a key that is in WIF in my wallet?

4. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
  5. Spa2016

Spa2016 New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Hi there! i imported the 33 words that i had from the confirmation email to the decred web wallet but there no coins inside because there are spent without me doing it. How that is possible? I checked the settings and i found a setting "request password for spending funds" which is off. Also i checked the history and the coins arrived and then spent in 2 addresses. Of course i never used the wallet.

Attached Files:

6. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Those are the example seed words, not your private seed words. There is no possible way the confirmation e-mail could have included your private seed words because that would mean the server had access to them which it never did.

The instructions had you generate your own private seed that you have to write down.

7. Spa2016

Spa2016 New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for your answer. ok i understand now. So i did that in the past with the dcraddrgen cause i use mac and i have the 33 words. But when i try to import to the web wallet it says that could not import because the wallet is not registered at the wallet service and to create a new wallet. what i'm doing wrong? i did create a new and still coul not import the seed

8. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    https://forum.decred.org/threads/gu...aim-airdrop-coins-with-wallet-decred-org.643/

9. Spa2016

Spa2016 New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
  10. .m.

.m. New Member

Jan 23, 2016
  11. Orech Von Lichtenstein

Mar 9, 2016
    Hi, I finally had time to setup the command line wallet on my machine, however, after following all of the instructions located here https://forum.decred.org/threads/br...-included-with-basic-commands-os-neutral.478/ to setup the wallet with my airdrop address I have a balance of 0. I have the airdrop confirmation email and airdrop confirmation number, what can I do to fix this?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

12. Orech Von Lichtenstein

Mar 9, 2016
    Quick update to my problem with a 0 account balance (even though I have an airdrop confirmation number). I have confirmed that the default address for my wallet does indeed match the address that I originally had generated and provided for the airdrop. Is there any way to check which address my airdrop was sent to based on my airdrop confirmation number?

Thanks.

13. Orech Von Lichtenstein

Mar 9, 2016
    #214 Orech Von Lichtenstein, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    I've been doing more digging and here's what I've found out so far.

According to this: https://mainnet.decred.org/block/000000000000437482b6d47f82f374cde539440ddb108b0a76886f0d87d126b9 the address I provided for the airdrop did receive 282+ coins. After recreating my wallet following these instructions: https://forum.decred.org/threads/br...-included-with-basic-commands-os-neutral.478/ and running "dcrctl -u username -P password --wallet getaccountaddress default" I get the same address that I provided for the airdrop. However, when I run "dcrctl -u username -P password --wallet getbalance" I get a balance of 0.
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what.

Thanks,
    Orech

14. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    Hello, I had the confirmation page from the airdrop, but now it has disappeared! can somebody please tell me what to do? cheers

15. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    You don't need the confirmation page. It only served to let you know that you submission was accepted. The only thing you need is the seed you were instructed to write down and not lose when you went through the initial address generation process to submit for the airdrop.

16. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    forgive me, but there was a link to a wallet which i downloaded, followed the instructions and had an output in the terminal with the seed. then i created a new wallet online and imported the seed, the wallet was empty. so i guess i did something wrong. where are the confirmation pages gone, anyway?

17. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    do you think i lost my airdrop ? :(

18. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    I didn't personally have anything to do with the airdrop, so I can't answer any questions regarding reasoning. That said, there really was nothing on the confirmation page that would help anyways. Your seed was generated locally and the server never had access to it.

However, as for your wallet being empty, is there a balance at the mainnet block explorer for the address which you submitted to the airdrop? If so, then your airdrop is still there waiting for you, you just need to make sure you have the seed that goes with the address you submitted. If there is no balance, it probably means your address was removed from the airdrop due to the final review process which was outlined in detail here.

EDIT: Obligatory warning to never, under any circumstances, give your seed or seed hex to anyone, even if they seem trustworthy.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  19. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    That sounds like you generated a new seed after the fact, which will be different from the one you generated when applying for the airdrop.