Airdrop Confirmation Support

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by tacotime, Jan 6, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    hi, i think that my airdrop has been pruned by mistake!.. where is the confirmation page? disappeared?

2. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    please help: i havent been given any seed on the page, but just a link to download a wallet. i supposed that wallet to be the one with the seed of the airdrop. am i wrong? in any case my confirmation page is gone..

3. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Your airdrop can't be pruned. If you submitted an address and that address was accepted, then the credits are still there.

To submit your airdrop address, you ran an executable program which generated a 33-word seed and a 64-character string. (the words are just a different representation of the 64-character string plus a checksum value) You were instructed to save this seed multiple times during the process, as it's what would be used to generate the wallet containing your airdrop coins. Without the seed, there is no way to access your coins.

4. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    i have got the seed generated by the executable i have downloaded on my confirmation page. i kept it with the 64 char string on a text file since january. yesterday i created a new online wallet, imported the seed following the instructions, but with my surprise the wallet is empty! anybody with the same problem? how can i get my airdrop coins back?

5. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    If there aren't any transactions on the airdrop address, then you did get removed as a duplicate.

6. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    duplicate? who did this? where can i complain?.. i just applied once with a legitimate site of the btc echosystem i own since 2013!

7. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Complaining won't get you anywhere. There was a system which ran through all of the confirmed airdrop applications and removed any that it determined were someone trying to double-dip by registering multiple times via multiple names or websites. Unfortunately, no system is perfect, so it's highly likely that a couple of fraudsters ended up getting multiple airdrops and that legitimate users ended up getting culled.

More information can be found here.

8. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Really sorry this happened if it was in fact the case. Unfortunately, the airdrop database isn't accessible for me to access and won't be, so I cannot verify any information. The airdrop process essentially required active participation since there were many attempts to abuse the system and we had to be extremely vigilant throughout the entire process to ensure it was not abused. The best thing you can do now to get help is verify your DCR is at your address using the block explorer. If it is, your airdrop is sitting there waiting for you.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  9. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    i don't think so. i just opened the file and fire up the terminal instructions.. i had only that one seed!

10. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Have you checked the address using the block explorer?

11. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    where is 'my adress'? i imported the only 33 words seed i obtained in the web wallet, and there is no transaction. i would like to see my confirmation page to be sure, as i am, that i followed the instructions. but it's gone!

12. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    the adress that i've got in the webwallet? or from the cli? in the latter case i have to remind how to open the cli.. can you refresh my memory please?

13. zenech

zenech New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    being that page gone, how can i fin the instructions if i downloaded my airdrop software?

14. bamsterdam

bamsterdam New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    Hello!

I wanted to get my airdrop in the webwallet so I tried to create a new wallet and set my seed in the advanced options like the instruction said but is says my seed is invalid..? I made sure there was no typo so what am I doing wrong here? Already using the webwallet for dcr I bought on bittrex and that worked fine..

15. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    1: do not, under any circumstances, ever let anyone else know your seed (I hate that this still needs to be said, but it still needs to be said, especially since this would be the easiest way to verify. It would also be the easiest way for someone to steal the entire airdrop.)

2: if you still have the utility used to generate your airdrop seed, there was a verification utility in there. If you don't, I think I still have the 64-bit Windows version I might be able to send you. (No promises, though.)

3: ...um... I'm out of ideas, maybe @David or @RegenX might be able to help?

I was going to suggest making sure the wallet isn't in testnet mode, but I think the same seeds work for testnet and mainnet wallets, so that wouldn't do it.

David likes this.
  16. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    While it prints on many lines, the seed is actually supposed to be entered on only one line. This is a common error.

17. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    How is it that this thread is always in use?
    And people are still joining the network!! Even after soooo many days after the news of the airdrop!

18. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    Hey @bamsterdam, welcome. While I haven't used the webwallet myself to claim my airdop, this isn't the first report I've seen of the same situation. I would suggest, as @Lee Sharp said, to make sure you are entering your seed all on one line. Be sure there are no double spaces between words, and that there are no spaces before the first word and after the last word. Also, a single mispelled word will cause your input to be rejected.

If this still fails, we can help you get setup using the CLI utilities to claim your airdrop.. then you can create a new webwallet and send your coins to it, if you wanted.

19. bamsterdam

bamsterdam New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    thanks for all the replies !! I think decred is gonna be great!!

I checked it 100 times... and just yet I came home checked it again.... and I made a typo............ so sorry to bother everyone...

I wrote gateway instead of getaway. Feeling a bit stupid but its nice to see so many people lending out a hand!

Bob

20. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    Glad to hear you got it working!