Airdrop Confirmation Support

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by tacotime, Jan 6, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. justfog

justfog New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    I've asked multiple times about this, team seems ignoring my help. They just say that nothing could be done if you didn't received airdrop.
    they removed some user after confirmation without any clarification.
    I mean....no email asking for other info, clarification etc.

I don't know why. If they removed users just cause same ip addresses (like many users work in same office for example), it's a big fail. Specially if they didn't made or asked clarification before let people apply and confirm.

2. tavor

tavor New Member

Feb 8, 2016

same here, i havn't received airdrop, i'm on network with same ip for more then 500 people

3. justfog

justfog New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    You were to fair using same ip. If you have used tor, probably you were included.
    Sometimes, be fair, result in a loss.

4. tavor

tavor New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    sad but true

5. Fakini

Fakini New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Male
    Tech
    PT
    #165 Fakini, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    not the same issue, i can find it with searchrawtransaction and also in block explorer with 600+ confirmations but nothing with getbalance...

edit: got it, i was doing it wrong when importing the address

6. LewiesMan

LewiesMan New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    OK, I'll give It one more try... just like the turtle:D.(persistance is the key!) I found my seed token! However I'm having trouble getting into the web wallet... https://wallet.decred.org/#/create - any advice or help is most welcome!

7. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    i would say try not to use the web wallet. If you have no other choice at least dont move any coins. Web wallet still has issues/bugs so wait until they are fixed.

Also i think its time for a statement from decred team about some late removals from airdrop list. @_ingsoc @jy-p @davecgh

I hope we get something soon.

8. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Really? As you said, the web wallet has bugs to work out. And the forums are stubling under the load. And the blockchain explorer keeps going off line. And have you looked at the network has rate?
    Code:
    ./dcrctl -u user -P pass --wallet getnetworkhashps
    Based on 1ghz per system, there are 3 MILLION systems mining right now! I think others things just might have they all a bit busy at the moment.

9. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    @Lee Sharp that is 3158GH/s so 3158 1GH/s miners. I am not saying they need to attend everyone individually but a brief statement can calm the nerves.

Also just to update i heard rumors that a certain someone (won't take name) defrauded lots of people out of their airdrop by saying they need to share seed to confirm airdrop. @justfog @tavor did you give your seed to someon else or are from south america? Maybe that has something to do with you getting dropped

10. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    You sure?
    3158664M
    3158G

Damn, you are right. Stupid math... ;)
    That would make sense. A lot of people got cleared out and tumbled after 4:00 or so...

sambiohazard likes this.
  11. obviously someone rigged something 5000 blocks dumping shameless devs .. h00t!

12. LewiesMan

LewiesMan New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    AAAAARRRRGGG!!!! ANOTHER FRIGGING SCAM!!!:mad::mad::mad:

13. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Or, someone bought heavy at the beginning when it was $0.50 and are selling now that it is $1.50. That happens with speculators.

14. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    sambiohazard and Freemind like this.
  15. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
  16. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Yeah, I feel for the folks in charge of the airdrop initiative. It seems pretty obvious to me that no matter what they do unfortunately not everyone is going to be satisfied.

No process is perfect, but I personally think they went way far and above any other similar initiatives on other coins than I have seen to date in order to identify and remove scammers. Looking at the posted numbers it's easy to see they were quite successful in weeding out the vast majority of scammers.

I'm sure there were a few legitimate people that got caught in the crossfire and I can certainly sympathize with them being upset, but nevertheless, I personally think the airdrop initiative was handled very professionally and was overall a huge success that ended up with a very nice distribution. I give thanks for the efforts of the airdrop team.

sambiohazard likes this.
  17. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I am just happy that they are not one of the scammers :D as is often the case with airdrops lol

18. Freemind

Freemind Member
    Translator (Español)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    I hope that those who complain now understand things a little better.

zzzzzz likes this.
  19. OZmaster

OZmaster New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    #179 OZmaster, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    solved, kudus to the devs!

20. zero

zero Full Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Well Airdrop is history now. Maybe it's better for the forum administrators to lock threads like this. There are already two very good guides, sambiohazard's and anondran's that also include steps of how to import the airdrop seed on wallet creation. It's funny to see people still asking of how they can participate in the airdrop.