Airdrop Didn't Work?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by levendis, Jan 2, 2018.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. levendis

levendis New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Male
    New York
    I realize that I am awfully late with this but I recently remembered that I had signed up for the Decred airdrop when I recently found my records of registering for it. However, it looks like I had a problem and when I check the blockchain explorer it looks like I never did get the airdrop.

As far as I can tell, here is what happened:
    1/14/2016 - I got the registration email "The project is delighted to let you know your application has been successful!" + confirmation link
    It looks like I immediately went through the confirmation as I saved the following details:
    "Successfully added Decred address DsboupVLb9iMcJ9PrbQf6v3CfvA5Vhwhh1J to the Airdrop. Your confirmation id is c7c7cf3f3dd7beb36ce0d3505483e5fc."

1/15/2016 - I got a reminder email, again with confirmation link. It looks like I ignored this message (oops)

1/21/2016 - I got the "Final Reminder" email, "our records indicate that you have not submitted an address yet."
    So I again clicked on the registration link and got this:
    "Successfully added Decred address DsboupVLb9iMcJ9PrbQf6v3CfvA5Vhwhh1J to the Airdrop. Your confirmation id is 53e3c0779e1f7f1f037f6f8fdd503aa8."

(I may be a bit off on the order of events here as this is based on incomplete records, eg. I didn't record the date of the confirmation messages)

If I use the explorer to search for the address DsboupVLb9iMcJ9PrbQf6v3CfvA5Vhwhh1J I don't see any activity, so I guess that means somehow my request/confirmation did not go through? If so - what good are those confirmation numbers?

I realize I probably should have addressed this at the time and nothing can be done now, but if there is any hope of recovery I would be very appreciative of any help!

2. levendis

levendis New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Male
    New York
    After a little more digging, I suspect that the (one?) reason I was excluded from the air drop was that I am a New York State resident. It is fairly odd that I got accepted & confirmed but never got an explanation as to why I was excluded, but I'm sure everyone was busy as hell try to launch so its understandable. Oh well!