Airdrop Airdrop Rundown

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Heumos

Heumos New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    The explorer is down ? I cant even check if i was rejected or not.

2. rohit kumar

rohit kumar New Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    software developer
    India
    hey man , the link you have given is not working it's 502 Bad Gateway

3. justfog

justfog New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    That's not the right way to act.
    My address is not on the list, i have confirmation link and token approved. I had a communication with ingsoc ,after that he approve my identity and give me a confirmation link.

After that....a BIG black hole. My address was removed. Why? Why no other communication even if there were some "suspicious activity from me?" Everything need to be clarified.

I'm tired to listen about user that claimed multiple share with tor, and i was out cause i was so honest to use same ip for me and for my office worker after having teaching to them about decred and his potential.

4. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    He is also not inputting wallet username & passphrase. dcrctl need them to communicate with wallet.

5. chris

chris New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Just used the web wallet https://wallet.decred.org and created a new wallet, in advanced options I specified the wallet generation seed (created when you used dcraddrgen) and it now shows a balance of 282DCR :)

6. rohit kumar

rohit kumar New Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    software developer
    India
    i also get my coin but wether your wallet is also showing testnet below name of my wallet

Attached Files:

7. Rune S

Rune S New Member
    Translator (Norsk)

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    Norway
    Same here, it shows testnet.

8. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Known bug discussed at length in support and development threads. Should be fixed soon.

chris and Rune S like this.
  9. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    You realize that you are missing the point, right? I do understand your frustration, but what happened for you to lose your coins happened at your end. And it can happen again with your bank account information, or your credit cards, or your tax return.

I STRONGLY recommend you learn more about computer security and hygiene before this happens again. And it will happen again, as someone already has the keys to your computer...

Also, consider the fact that there is a community here that can help you learn a lot more. Both coin experts and general computer security experts. Some of them may try and track the thief as a way to pass the time. (It will be a bit of a challenge, as he started tumbling the coins as soon as he had them.)

FYI, here is how you can see where it went. Eventually it exits to a known point and may be able to be tied to a person.
    https://mainnet.decred.org/tx/3b7fe673d80372c9956ef355f0789cfc78571390556a5401df1aafc2c221e288/</0
    The right side is where it went. The (U) means it is sitting there and the blue > means it went on. Click the blue > and you see the next step.

eshriek, CrzyTed and sambiohazard like this.
  10. LewiesMan

LewiesMan New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    It's cool... I found my seed token! I'm trying to enter the web wallet as we speak!

11. [​IMG]

evanjdevs likes this.
  12. chris

chris New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Yes, it shows testnet, but i assumed this is just a bug. Look under history (bottom right) and it shows when you received your DCR.

13. Heumos

Heumos New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Guys is that Hex code needed to be imported ? I mean it changes everytime I open the dcraddrgen

14. adam2312

adam2312 Jr. Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    Checked my airdrop address' status on mainnet.decred.org; 282.63795424 DCR received :). Thank you, decred team.

Not rushing creating the wallet from seed, any recommendations on the most secure method for creating the wallet from airdrop seed (web wallet vs. local, and tips to keep secure)? I'll let those guys sit there for a week if necessary if there are potential wallet software bugs to be worked out before claiming them. Will be looking to stake mine them next week.

sambiohazard likes this.
  15. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Build a small Linux VM with an encrypted home directory and a good password that you will not forget. (Virtualbox is free and cross platform) Install the cli tools for the wallet. They are not that user friendly, but they are very secure... Once you have the info pulled, shut down the VM and copy the image to two other medias, and put one in a separate location. (Two thumb drives, and take one to the office)

adam2312 likes this.
  16. chris

chris New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    No, it's a sequence of words.

17. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    #177 Blizzy, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    I'm really sorry for this situation, also a friend of mine have done the airdrop but he didn't recive the coin.(real person,only 1 application from his home IP)

I hope the DEVS will distribuite some DCR from the reserve for this type of situation.

But on the other side a lot of scammers were cought so i also think the DEVS have played well.Now i hope that they review the missing airdrop case by case (idea : skype interview?) to give some peace to this forum,i have read a lot of hungry comments around..

18. Akai

Akai New Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Or they can create a sort of "waiting list", and distribute coins unclaimed to:
    - other eligible users that missed Airdrop and would to have a second chance to get in
    - users that actively contributed to the development of decred, that will be rewarded for this

In all case, due the change on price and the coin already launched i see both of that very hard to put on road...
    Hope i will wrong :D

chappjc and Blizzy like this.
  19. decred111

decred111 New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Male
    I need help with the wallet creation, i checked the explore and the coins are there, but i cannot create the wallet.

So i delete the random wallet, than i go to create a new wallet, than import wallet and when i type my seed in and click on import it says me:

Could not import: Wallet not registed at the Wallet Service. Recreate it from "Create Wallet" using "Advanced Options" to set your seed

What can i do now? How i can get acces to my account?

20. decred111

decred111 New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Male
    It worked, but the account show me now a balance with 282,637,954 dbits, is that right? Should it dont be 282.637,954?