Are You Still Purchasing At Current Price - 4,55 Dcr?

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by Tivra, Feb 25, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    I'm evaluating whether it's a good idea to buy at this price or wait for a correction. What's your thoughts on this?

2. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    The price of stake mining sure is increasing fast, not even a day and it jumps from 3.5-4.5, how are they evaluated?

Tivra likes this.
  3. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    #3 Kandiru, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    It's going to up exponentially until the number of new tickets / block is 5 on average. I think it'll go much higher than 5. We are currently over target for the number of tickets in the pool, so the difficulty will keep increasing until we stop being over target.

Price of 2 was ridiculously good starting deal, double your money in a month, basically. That rate of interest is 409600%

A 1.5% payout as a reward will offer a 20% APR interest rate, which I think is still competitive. So I think staking would carry on going up until we have stake difficulty of more like 100.

Not sure that that price can be reached though, as there aren't enough people staking from the Airdrop to keep it that high at the moment. There needs to be 100*40k = 40M in the stake pool before the difficulty can go that high, and there is currently only ~2M out of 21M possible. The reward will drop as more coins are mined too, further lowering the difficulty incentive.

Perhaps it'll head to a difficulty of 20, then once the number of new stake tickets drops below 5/block, it can ease off back down to 10 or so?

Tivra likes this.
  4. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    You should probably wait for a correction. I am sure it will go lower soon. /sarcasm

chappjc and Tivra like this.
  5. rohit pawar

rohit pawar Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    India
    6.07 it is :p and still buying

chappjc and robert like this.
  6. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    After a lull in fresh stakes (I guess as people left a maxprice at 5?), it's up to 10/block now, so difficulty is just going to keep rising. It's below the 20/block it started at though, so I think the difficulty won't go up too much more, maybe to 13?

7. Reynold

Reynold Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Programmer
    7.44 and still buying :D

8. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    anyone knows how to unlock the locked funds that was used for auto purchase? I seem to have 20-40 dcr stucked when the difficulty changed. Anyway to make them available to be used? Now they are gone from address balance hmm...

9. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    they are locked until a ticket votes + 256 blocks. I dont think there is anyway to unlock them until then. This is the reason why there is a flag called balancetomaintain. You have to decide in advance how much fund would you like to lock using that flag as it will be locked for a long time.

10. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    erm.. but the decred that was locked has not been used to purchase ticket, its just locked in the loop until it finds that ticket price to purchase though.. For my case, I used 80 decred to purchase the tickets but half went through and the other half was locked due to the increase in stake pricing. So technically I don't have a ticket to vote for the 40 decred right? They are just in the chain and waiting for the price to drop before I can use them again?

11. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    price is 7.44 so how can 40 DCR be locked? only case could be that they are DCR from voting rewards, which will be free after 256 blocks.

12. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    when we set the auto purchase with the stake max pricing, they will automatically take off all wallet balance if we didn't put up balance to maintain. And it will slowly purchase the ticket. For my case, it did purchase tickets until about half way mark, the stake pricing increased above my max ticket pricing. Now the funds are nowhere to be seen and I assume that it is locked in the chain and pending for tickets pricing to drop to the old pricing I have set. Other than that I don't know where else the funds would be. Would be glad if anyone can help me out. Thanks!

13. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    i thought so too but when i started staking and monitoring funds, any funds used in buying tickets are available after 1 block as spendable. I have been keeping record of it and it exact to the 8th decimal.

14. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I'm still purchasing, at 7.55 Decred per ticket. - Will probably do it, until a max price of 20, maybe more.
    - Way better, than the coins just sitting still, doing nothing.

15. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    Ever since the stake pricing changed, the funds been missing. I'm supposed to have about 200 decred in my wallet as I have been keeping track of it too. Now the spendable balance remains at 5.xxx and total fund remaining is 144.xxx decred. Anyway to explain this?

16. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Hmm how much is the locked funds? also subtract the tx fee per ticket. Also spendable + locked wont be equal to all funds if you have voted in last 256 blocks. They are really counted after maturity. Beyond that i am sure funds are there its just you are forgetting something or miscalculating. It will sort itself out. Dont Worry :)

17. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male

I have 281.5 locked + 5.3 spendable. But a total of 302 coins.
    - I only had the airdrop on the wallet. And when I first bought tickets. My total was only 240. until the tickets had matured. Then it was back at 276 or something, which was about right, for the fee of 0.05 per ticket.
    Not sure how it works. But you can always try to restart the daemon, if it still wont show the correct balance, after a couple of blocks

18. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    #18 MiloIce, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    haha, found my answer =D https://forum.decred.org/threads/is-pos-working.531/page-5

45 decred was locked due to that, woo! now buying tickets with them~ xD anyone else encountering this issue could just get the version 0.05 and restart everything! =D

19. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    btw, have a look at this. 90d4695629443e45eaed08c4ca9cfa49b6560fd3e91361591a2f83104e036cd5 , a SSTx was made successfully and it happen to deduct 3.8xx decred from my account and 3.8xx from some other place to make up one ticket. something new? :eek:

20. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Nothing new, since coins from each tx are sent to a new change address, while buying tickets they get scattered all over your wallet so to make the ticket price + fee, wallet has to combine 2 previous change inputs that are more than that. This is why i like coin control as it allows you to control which inputs you use and where change goes. I never let this happen with other coins. Also more inputs mean bigger tx size and more fee if there is competition for inclusion in a block, as there is right now for buying tickets, so what we have currently is only good for those who don't know and don't want to know what is going on in background.