Best Mining Pool

Discussion in 'PoW Pools' started by ghostshell, Mar 8, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. ghostshell

ghostshell New Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Which mining pool is best to use to get the most coins from?

A pool with more workers and higher pool hash rate or a pool with less workers and lower pool hash rate?

2. norikai

norikai New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    It's equivalent. A pool with more hashrate will get you more small payments, where a pool with lower hashrate will get you higher payments less often. Does that make sense?

In the long run, you will get paid the exact same amount for your hashrate at either type of pool.

Edit: I forgot to add - you really just need to look at pool reliability and fees. Pretty much all the DCR pools have a 1% fee right now. I think there is only one that is a 0.99% fee...

3. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    I recommend the smaller pools. Less frequent (but large) payouts means less in transfer fees. Also makes for a more distributed network. But... It is trivial to set up a pool and scam people. Be aware of the reputation of the pool owner, and only leave what you are willing to risk in their "bank." You can use the dash here to see how the pools stack up against each other. http://d3c.red/

Reynold likes this.
  4. ThomasMcdaniel9

ThomasMcdaniel9 New Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Male
    Fortworth TX
    Decred pool .org is at 0% at the moment i just started mining with them .but seems like I'm not getting the amount of coins i should. maybe i am I'm new to mining. So not to sure I'm getting like 1,038 GHs been mining for 3 or 4 days straight and this is what i have earned as of right now 0.73924490 does that look right to you guys