Blizzy Was A Thief, Guys

Discussion in 'Meta' started by bttjob, Feb 18, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. bttjob

bttjob New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    The way you talk makes me very uncomfortable, I'm a victim, I have the right to comment, you have skill can make him look for confrontation

2. bttjob

bttjob New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    I am going to put the things said out, other guys see will know he is a thief, what's the problem, you won't be his partner?

3. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I'm not accusing you, just giving a public service announcement. The bold and allcaps is for emphasis, because it's a very important message.

4. bttjob

bttjob New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    I don't want to say that today is too bad, forgive what I said just now, good night brother:(

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  5. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    The hex and the associated wallet is now burned anyway, as you say. bttjob knows this.

He didn't manage to convert the hex to the words. So he asked for help and I was the first to offer him guidance. Then came Blizzy and warned bttjob to "be aware to ask help to anyone, if someone can get your hex can get your decred", just to PM him in the next moment asking him very aggressively for his seed and offerring to "help" him for free: "i will do for free don't pay 50 decred:

Blizzy on PM (from above screenshots): "if you believe me let me see if your hex is related to an address but I need to see it" (100% SCAMMER, what is there not to be related between a hex and an airdrop address?)

Initial thread here: https://forum.decred.org/threads/help-me-i-have-a-hex-i-dont-know-my-33-words.728/

6. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    WTF are this photoshop is this a joke?

i have told you CAPITAL LETTERS don't give your seed to anyone...are you serious???

you give me your decred address i don't have a quantum computer at my home.

7. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    If you are drunk or on drugs, go and sleep and come back sober. You will have one chance to return the coins to @bttjob

8. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Before this goes any further, let's try to clear up the situation, nothing is proven yet.

In the PM screenshot, I only see @bttjob giving him a Decred address, not a hex. @bttjob, do you have a screenshot of you sending him your hex via PM?

It's conceivable something else could be at work here, e.g. using the example seed (a bunch of people already encountered that.

9. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    Going with the Photoshop defense, huh?

rohit pawar likes this.
  10. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Try again:
    https://forum.decred.org/threads/blizzy-was-a-thief-guys.729/#post-10391

sambiohazard likes this.
  11. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    Scroll down a little, there's a second screenshot.

Edit: Sorry, lastninja beat me to it. But yeah, looks like Blizzy was able to gain his trust. Cause he was warning him not to trust others.

12. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Ok, fair enough.

To be fair though, those are some low quality screenshots. Before throwing out the photoshop argument, I suggest asking a moderator (@_ingsoc probably) to view the PMs and double-check if the conversation is genuine. If so, things will be much clearer I believe.

13. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    The disparity between the level of competence shown by bttjob and the level of competence required to fabricate convincing screenshots, including matching the personality of both individuals in the conversation (both of whom speak English as a second language at best, if at all, one of whom is Chinese and the other presumed Italian) suggests that the images are not fake. However...
    I was actually getting ready to suggest this. Conversation messages can not be edited beyond 5 minutes after they're posted, so if a 3rd party were to be added to the conversation, they could verify the screenshots which were posted.
    [edit]
    Also:
    This is not true. Blizzy has never told someone not to give their seed to anyone, only that doing so will grant that person access to their wallet.

koolykg and highlonesome like this.
  14. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Oh the irony:
    https://forum.decred.org/threads/finally-cryptsy-has-revealed-the-truth.200/

highlonesome likes this.
  15. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    #35 anvoice, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Ok, so by verifying the PM history it seems everything is resolved. Probably should wait until then before making assumptions. I agree it looks convincing, but everyone deserves due process.

16. rohit pawar

rohit pawar Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    India
    hahaha . may be he is a kid . lame defence .

17. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    His alias(es) and identity info is all over the web, like in the gaming scene and in leaked user DBs of past hacks. If the coins are not returned until tomorrow someone will doxx him big time. He will go down in Decred history as the dumb guy that got doxxed because he pulled of a sh... $400 scam.

18. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    highlonesome likes this.
  19. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    I wonder if he'll ever show back up. Hope he at least sees this comment of yours, tho. :'D

Really sucks this happened, especially cause Decred is so community focused.

koolykg likes this.
  20. bttjob

bttjob New Member

Feb 17, 2016