Blizzy Was A Thief, Guys

Discussion in 'Meta' started by bttjob, Feb 18, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. chappjc

chappjc Full Member
    Developer Pool Operator (PoS)

It's perfectly clear what causes this behavior. It's open disdain for novices (e.g. clueless noobs, etc.), and unchallenged lack of respect for others who are not as "tech-savvy", that seems to break some people's moral compass.

The offenders tend to be quite vocal. Consequentially, this air of superiority can set the tone for the whole community. I'm sorry for those people who forgot to write down their seed words, but I don't think I'm better than them and I certainly don't want to steal from them. That said, I'm willing to forgive Blizzy if his tone changes.

If the rest of the community does not push back (as many have done in this case), the forum could become very intimidating to all potential members, techies and grannies alike. That's the last thing Decred needs. Overall, I have observed a great deal of patience and respect in the Decred forums.

koolykg, sw1, tacotime and 2 others like this.
  2. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    +1.

I will say, it makes it considerably easier to be patient when the people asking for help are also patient. Of course, the people asking for help are more likely to be patient if the rest of the community demonstrates patience with them.

3. Brent Morrison

Brent Morrison New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Bad Bad Blizzy...

4. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    Well thank God he returned the coins! This rarely happens.

koolykg likes this.
  5. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I agree that what @Blizzy did was wrong, but I am also not tech savvy and followed the instructions of the developers about how important it is to keep your 33 word seed. I am a person that follows instructions. They did not emphasize this for no reason. It was stressed to avoid the type of potential bad behavior that could happen to members of the community. I forgive @Blizzy, because that is what I am supposed to do to have peace of mind.

6. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Would you mind providing a source for this claim?

7. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    #87 koolykg, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    I think that he is supposed to return the coins in good faith that he was wrong to steal them from @bttjob. I am also not sure if he done that yet. I guess bttjob will let us know. I also think that he was supposed to apologize to the community on this thread. He has not done so yet, but I do not know if it has something to do do with him asking to be banned. What he did is just sad.

chappjc likes this.
  8. chappjc

chappjc Full Member

So it was justified to steal? It was dishonest, period. If someone leaves their door unlocked, and they are robbed, the thief is still a criminal.

Peace of mind? I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I'd forgive because everyone deserves a second chance, and frankly, who the hell am I to judge him as a person.

9. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    No I am not saying that it was justified to steal. I was responding as someone who is not tech savvy, but also someone who followed the advice of the developers. They kept stressing the importance of saving the seed, which would help you if something went wrong with your web wallet. The seed is our personal bank account. I do not give my bank account information to anyone as I know that this sets me up for being stolen from or scammed. I never said it was justified for what happened to @bttjob. It was wrong and if you read my previous threads when this happened, my comments were nothing, but supportive of @bttjob. You are making statements by taking my words out of context. When I say I forgive @Blizzy for my peace of mind, it is because I try to not walk around with anger. That is not me. The act was wrong and I do not justify stealing in anyway, but I know the saying we live and we learn and have to move foward.

10. chappjc

chappjc Full Member

Fair enough, I have not seen your other thread posts. But I think we're on the same page now.

koolykg likes this.
  11. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I do not see @Blizzy as a man of integrity. Any man that has done wrong needs to make his wrong right. Thank goodness that we have a supportive community, and not one that let this situation deter them from decred.

12. redsn0w

redsn0w New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Jan 31, 2016
    I can only say : lol ....

that scammer, really dishonest....

koolykg likes this.
  13. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    You are right!! @Blizzy was definitely a scammer. There is nothing good that comes from someone who does these foul practices. He had the opportunity to be a part of something that is and will continue to be great, but chose greed instead. So sad.:(

Freemind likes this.
  14. chappjc

chappjc Full Member

It's especially sad since he started off with best intentions. He seemed to be quite helpful, actually.

koolykg likes this.
  15. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    Yes he did! @Blizzy had a lot to contribute to the community. He has a vast amount of information and seemed eager to help. Unfortunately he chose to take the greedy way out which was not cool. He saw someone that was vulnerable and took advantage. Now his small take could have cost him big in the long run.

David likes this.
  16. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    @bttjob, did you get your coins back?

koolykg likes this.
  17. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Forgive? Yes after acknowledgement, apology and repairs. Forget? That takes much, much longer. Maybe never.

koolykg likes this.
  18. Bill Threewits

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Banker
    North Carolina
    All a man has is his name. Every crook has the ability to steal; every victim is vulnerable and unable to prevent the crime - by definition. There is no justification for taking what is someone else's property.

Additionally, we need newbies (I am one) for the long-term success of Decred. The selfish act of the Decred thief is to help the newbie.

bones and koolykg like this.
  19. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I totally agree!!!!