Release Block Explorer And Web Wallet

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Feb 5, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. chappjc

chappjc Full Member
    Developer Pool Operator (PoS)

#21 chappjc, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Yes, I am aware sharing your seed is a terrible idea; I'm just playing around with testnet to understand how things are connected. Also, I didn't import, I let the site make me a new one.

Anyway, I'm not staking. I was just reloading the home page URL and it was down. However, I was sending money to and address from the online wallet earlier. There are indeed problems with the web wallet still. See below.

-------------

Sending payments shows me the error:

Could not broadcast payment: Error querying the blockchain

It doesn't say why, but the payment proposal is there on the home screen, with a "in X minutes" next to the unsent transaction.

Also, it would be nice if the page would update the time until you can send without using the browser's refresh.

EDIT: It also gives "Could not send payment: [object Object]" when trying to make a new payment. Trying again gives "The payment was signed but could not be broadcasted. Please try again from home screen: Error querying the blockchain". Presumably this has to do with unconfirmed funds or something?

2. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    #22 davecgh, Feb 5, 2016
    While I agree with you about web wallets in general, I should point out that this web wallet uses client side Javascript and HTML5 local storage, so the seed is never sent to the website. It's all client side. The Decred team absolutely can NOT access your coins in the wallet and that is spelled out very clearly in the initial Terms of Use section.

I was just clicking around it and noticed you can go to Preferences -> About Decred Web Wallet -> Terms of Use.

David and Blizzy like this.
  3. ceejep

ceejep Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 14, 2015
    The webwallet should NOT be used starting from a seed that has been involved in staking. It will probably fail to sign the stake tagged outputs because it doesn't know how to interpret them. You should also not use the webwallet and the regular wallet at the same time, as you risk desyncing and corrupting either of them if you do. The webwallet is intended for more general usage of the transfer of funds. There should be a warning now about using both wallets at the same time.

David and sambiohazard like this.
  4. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    Who have coins sends me to test , I return if necessary , just want to test the portfolio

TsXXu1uyWsEiANK7naZrzNfsC4qNycNL9oN

5. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    $ dcrctl --wallet sendtoaddress TsXXu1uyWsEiANK7naZrzNfsC4qNycNL9oN 1.2
    9bed8c2cda2fdb932d44d0837059ef0952ea2e866d2ca6dfdb33d36fd8025d8f

Renato Abreu likes this.
  6. chappjc

chappjc Full Member

The web wallet I created was not imported / seeded, it was made fresh. But you are also saying don't try to use an address from the web wallet as a miningaddress with dcrd? I guess I'm not clear on the role of dcrwallet and what is achieved by having it synced with dcrd.

But regarding simultaneous use of wallets created with the same seed, can that be done with dcrwallet on different machines pointing to the different dcrd (or the same dcrd for that matter)?

7. ceejep

ceejep Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 14, 2015
    Nice work. There should be less fluctuation on mainnet, as there will be an actual competition for tickets.

8. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    Received!!! can have some more?

9. ceejep

ceejep Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 14, 2015
    You should be able to mine okay to this address, yes. If you used the wallet to stake mine, that is where you will hit issues. I'm not sure of the error you're having, I just tried and received and sent funds without issue. I have alerted the web developers to the issue.

You should never run two dcrwallets with the same seed that are both creating transactions. You can run one that creates transactions and another that just syncs to the network, but if two or make are generating transactions at the same time you will basically 'race'. Both wallets will become confused about which addresses and outputs are spent, balances will report incorrectly, etc.

David and chappjc like this.
  10. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    I caught my now changed dbits by DCR caught.

11. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    If you want to remove your wallet to keep stake mining, go to preferences - advanced - delete wallet.

12. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    guy in decred sending page, your balance appears very small.

and together with the balance could appear below the latest transactions

upload_2016-2-5_23-43-35.png

13. chappjc

chappjc Full Member

#33 chappjc, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    It eventually worked. I sent the (testnet/fake) coins that I GPU mined to my initial wallet (a different seed) and quit mining to the web wallet address. If I try it again, I'll take a screenshot.

Regarding running two dcrwallets with the same seed. By creating transactions, is that just sending funds or is that also if a cgminer is setup on that machine and mining through a dcrd on that machine? (Obviously I still don't understand the role of dcrwallet besides creating new addresses, sending and receiving funds. Does it even need to be running while dcrd and cgminer are up?) Thanks for clarifying.

David likes this.
  14. Bagdar13

Bagdar13 New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Male
    I found my Block

00000000002eb9d5e234a7871f6c81e448a5193cf24f287af06ed7c38698533c

I voted for with ticket:

1821cda200c50c011179e98c52d1c91131bed402d52614ff0f6b090b07208a58

indeed it was number 5689:

Edit: my address is TshwWjFpRZe63Gdtzbh4mCHizUQXhneqkMw...i think you did a great job showing how the ticket costs resolved and voted. Why does it show zero as the current balance though?

15. zkott

zkott New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    #35 zkott, Feb 5, 2016
    Excellent work, team!

Basic functionality of the web wallet works perfectly.

16. zkott

zkott New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    FYI...

Don't be surprised if your web wallet does not automatically show the same amount as your dcrctl getbalance. This seems to take some time for synchronicity.

17. BeatHimUp

BeatHimUp New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    How do I import my airdrop address to the wallet?

18. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Create New Wallet -> Show Advanced Options -> Toggle on the "Specify your wallet seed" -> Enter the seed under "Wallet Seed". Optionally enter a seed passphrase if you want secure it (Recommended).

Keep in mind that mainnet is not active yet, only testnet.

19. rohit kumar

rohit kumar New Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    software developer
    India
    send me some testnet decred for web wallet
    TsjUQs9XrpeHLPcww8s3RVVkJbAb3iHTtJY

Renato Abreu likes this.
  20. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member