Can I Still Claim My Airdrop?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by perldawg, Jan 15, 2018.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. perldawg

perldawg New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    US
    So, yeah, I'm a total noob. I signed up for the airdrop and got in and I've essentially done nothing since then. I have my first address and confirmation ID, but I have no recollection of generating a seed and I don't have one in my records. Did I not take a crucial step when the airdrop happened? Can I still claim it? Any advice or help out there?

2. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    The more i go through this forum the more similar it is....... GHOST TOWN lol. This is ridiculous where is development team ? Sold their coins and ran ?!?!!? hahahha Like i have a legit problem and help is NO WHERE to be found lol

3. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    It is very quiet here. Everyone has moved to one of the chats (slack/rocketchat/telegram etc).

You sent in an address for payment generated by the decred address generator, right?

This generator printed out 33 words. (It also printed out a long hex string.) This is your seed. You need this to create a wallet with your airdrop.
    Do you have this information? It's roughly half a page printout.

If you do not have this you are out of luck.

!!! Please do not share your seed here or anywhere else, as in "is this it?" Anyone can redeem your funds with this seed !!!

4. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Thank you for the reply !!!
    my problem doesnt involve this 'airdrop' Ive been posting all over the place to try and get some form of communication. My question orginates in technical/seeds

IF YOU HELP ME SOLVE MY ISSUE I WILL PROVIDE COIN REWARD***

5. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    OK! I think I understand your problem.
    1. You have your seed.
    2. You installed Decrediton on a Mac.
    3. A wallet was created but not with your seed.
    4. You want to create a new wallet with your seed in Decrediton so you uninstall the software and reinstall
    5. We you start up the wallet you wanted to get rid off is still there, right?

So what has happened is that the software uninstalls the everything except for the wallet files. So you would need to manually delete/rename this.
    Unfortunately I'm not a Mac user but it must be fairly similar to Linux and PC.

Solution: I would go in and rename the files named "wallet.db" and "wallet.dat" to "wallet.db_old" and "wallet.dat_old". After this it should be as simple as restarting the wallet and inputing your seed when creating a new wallet.

I'm not the best person to give advice since I only use the command line wallet. Hope this helps!

Solution 2: For a Windows user, probably works for Mac(?). Create a new user account. Install the wallet. This is essentially a fresh install but might be too troublesome.

6. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Hello my random friend, you might earn a reward !!! ;-) I will try now and YES YOU UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY

7. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Ok I have done exactly as you said and I think its actually going to work, its booting up for the first time LMFAO look how simple that was to figure out. When I input my old seed and see the coins. I will reward you. Thank you so incredibly much, truly.

8. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    Nice to hear I was able to help.

I think you ran into a security feature, that is no software should ever delete your wallet when you reinstall!
    A good feature in general but not in this specific case.

I think I have a address somewhere here but here is another just in case.

DsY4LAY2EtPqYyqah6ZyxrVCTNH8hSTv9dc

9. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    I can offer Bitcoin/Cash/Gold, Litecoin, Dash, Decred
    (Bitcoin Legacy depends, depending on fee I can attain.

IF THIS WORKS, BUT I THINK IT MIGHT, ILL BE IN TOUCH lol ;-)

10. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    Decred is fine by me. Thats a Decred address.

11. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    I HAVE EXPERIENCED SUCCESSFUL VICTORY

I owe you in which you shall receive momentarily...

Thank you again !
    Peace & Love

12. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    #12 MCXI, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Kaboom 3 confirmations !!!

Sent 1.111 DCR
    Hope 'who' ever is reading this learns, understands, smiles.

meany likes this.
  13. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

MCXI likes this.
  14. perldawg

perldawg New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    US
    #14 perldawg, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Hmmmm. I actually don't remember what processes I went through. I can tell you I don't have the seed, though. Is it possible that I have the first address and confirmation ID and the seed hasn't been generated yet? Would I have these two things before sending into the payment generator?

Also happy to send a significant reward if someone is able to help me through this and it results in the airdrop being claimed...

15. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    Ok... I dug up my original Airdrop documents.

This is roughly how it went.
    1. Register with a email address.
    2. Received instruction on how to generate an address --> download dcraddrgen-win
    3. Run it. Spits out the 33 words seed + the first address.
    At this moment in time you should have written down the seed. If you didn't you are out of luck.
    4. Input the first address into a web form.

It sounds like you did everything except write down the seed.

Did you check the address you have on the block explorer? Does is say 282 DCR?
    https://explorer.dcrdata.org/

16. perldawg

perldawg New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    US
    Yeah, it's not looking good... Thank you for for your help and patience. Should I ever stumble across the seed, I will endeavor to track you down and send a reward.

17. Alegre

Alegre New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Female
    Russia
    Hey, is it me or some ICOs just don't distribute coins that are promised for airdrop?

18. Alegre

Alegre New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Female
    Russia
    That's a very well explained sceme. Thanks for sharing