dcrwallet Can't Send Coins To Others

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by decredlink, Jun 5, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. decredlink

decredlink New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    I wanted to send some coins to someone else.

but i keep this error:

-32603: -22: TX rejected: tried to spend zero value output from input bc11d867e2
    d9414abf6701449dbe0611d2a02b28494f01fb83e9de2a964c9903, idx 2

i use sendtoaddress and dcd 0.1.4. Can someone help me?

2. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    In my experience, spend zero value output errors come from a corrupted or confused wallet file. I would suggest trying to run the consolidate command, but I think it will give you the same error. If it doesn't work, try to rebuild your wallet from seed.

The consolidate command combines all the balances from a specified number of addresses in your wallet and sends them to a single address in your wallet. This has been referred to as "dust" ... meaning, small amounts of DCR left over in addresses that really aren't useful by themselves... like pennies. The consolidate command is typically a large transaction (in # of Kbits) and can cost a high fee if you don't lower your default fee rate.

(Optional) Lower the standard tx fee:
    dcrctl -u username -P password --wallet settxfee 0.01

Consolidate:
    dcrctl -u username -P password --wallet consolidate 1000 default

I don't know for certain the meaning of that error, but this is my educated guess. Inside your wallet, there are many addresses and each address has a unique balance. When you create a transaction, your wallet rounds up one or more addresses in your wallet until it has enough to fund the transaction. I believe this error happened because your wallet included an address in the transaction which your wallet believes there were funds, but the rest of the network denies.

3. decredlink

decredlink New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    That last part would explains that when i recreated the wallet on an other computer from seed i only had 80 coins instead of on my own old wallet i have about 800.

So this means that i have lost about 720 coins? Or is there a way to get them back if i have my old wallet file.

4. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    There is no way to reverse a transaction in Decred. Unless you've actually spent 720 coins, they are still there somewhere. Have you purchased stake tickets? Also note that there are multiple types of balances (spendable, locked, immature, and all). The standard balance command only specifies 'spendable' coins, so to see your entire balance (including locked and spendable), use:

dcrctl -u username -P password --wallet getbalance default 0 all

On the subject of wallet files... the wallet file itself doesn't actually contain the coins. That's not to say that the wallet file isn't important, because it very much is, but... The wallet file is basically like your key to access and control the funds, and your 33 word seed is the master key that creates the wallet. That means that you really only have one true balance, and anything that differs from that true balance is out of sync with the network.

5. decredlink

decredlink New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    I know i have not spend them but i had a lot of tickets. But most of them where already voted with.
    I have done it with 0 all and still the same.

6. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    Try re-creating the wallet again, this time adding the flag --addridxscanlen=30000. This will scan for more addresses than the default of 750.

zero, decredlink and David like this.
  7. decredlink

decredlink New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thanks jolan that was the problem and i now see all my coins again.

David likes this.
  8. zero

zero Full Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    @jolan I find the default of 750 a bit low, is it going to be higher in the future releases?

9. Criptoideias

Criptoideias New Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Brazil
    Where I have to type the consolidate command, I am having a similar problem in version 0.8.1

10. jack.liver

jack.liver New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    just delete the wallet.db and regenerate it from the seed, is a really fast operation there's no need to redownload the blockchain.

with the new 0.8.0 the getbalance command is simpler

dcrctl -u username -P password --wallet getbalance default

there's no need of use 0 if you have only one account, now the balance shows all the infos like immature, locked, spendable, and total :)