Can't Set Up Wallet Or Find My Coins

Discussion in 'Questions' started by buttongoose, Mar 29, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. buttongoose

buttongoose New Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Male
    USA
    New to Decred. On Saturday I got the Paymetheus wallet up and running, then I generated the address to receive coins, and the send was completed from Poloniex. After about an hour the wallet still did not show the coins. Since then, Paymetheus will not load and I'm getting a "cannot connect to RPC server" error. A number of good members have been helpful and I've been shown where the transaction is on the blockchain. Many thanks to these members who have been so generous with their time!! But I still can't bring the wallet up. I uninstalled and reinstalled Paymetheus a number of times with the same result.

My computer skills are barely average and I'd rather not try to deal with command line or anything requiring much skill. I'm considering going to the Copay wallet, but I can't fathom how my balance can get to it when the generated send address came from a Paymetheus wallet which gets set up with a different password, different seed, and possibly, also, from a different browser. Stated in another way - I'm unable to picture what information that I put into the Paymetheus wallet that the Copay wallet will use to connect itself to my transaction on the blockchain and I don't want to goose anymore wallet buttons until I understand this wallet connection process better.
    Thanks!!

2. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    #2 David, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Hey buttongoose, do you have your 33 word seed? If so, you can import your wallet on the copay wallet. To get this setup, go to https://wallet.decred.org and:
    • Agree to the terms
    • Click on Add wallet
    • Click on Create new wallet
    • Give your wallet a name and then click SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS
    • Under wallet recovery phrase, select Specify Recovery Phrase from the drop down menu
    • Enter your 33 word seed into Wallet Recovery Phrase
    • Type a password in that you want to use for your wallet
    • Press Create New Wallet
    Let us know how this works out!

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  3. buttongoose

buttongoose New Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Male
    USA
    Thanks!! I'll try that.

4. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    That's basically the same thing I told him.

David likes this.