Can't Setup Wallet - Please Help

Discussion in 'Addresses' started by buttongoose, Mar 26, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. buttongoose

buttongoose New Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Male
    USA
    New to Decred. I have barely average computer skills. Don't even know what a binary file is. The Windows Paymetheus wallet won't load correctly & the online wallet has no text box or any option to type in my passcode as it is requiring of me. Don't know where my coins are. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

2. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Paymetheus takes a long time on the first load to download the block chain, about an hour. During this time it appears to not be doing anything. Just let it go. After this, it will load, but will be scanning blocks looking for your transactions so you balance may appear to be 0 for a few minutes.
    Once it's finished scanning, your balance will show.

3. buttongoose

buttongoose New Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Male
    USA
    Thanks for getting to me. Paymetheus wallet was on my screen for a couple of hours yesterday and never showed a balance. Since then I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall a few times and am only getting error messages before the wallet screen will come up.

4. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Have you tried the Copay wallet?

It's a "thin wallet," meaning it doesn't have to sync. I mostly use it for fluid funds (sending/receiving payments) while most of my DCR sits in a staking wallet I keep active. It's fairly easy to use, though some of the default security settings could be better(these can all be changed and made far more secure once the wallet is created). It'll generate a Testnet wallet the first time you open it in a given browser.

5. buttongoose

buttongoose New Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Male
    USA
    Thanks!! I've completely uninstalled now. So I should click on the decred_0.8.2-beta button in Wallets and then download and open that file?

6. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    That's not what I'm saying. I sent you a message.