Clearing Firefox Cache Does Not Delete The Web Wallet

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by chris, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. chris

chris New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    #1 chris, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    I just tried the web wallet and for some reason it persists after clearing the browser cache which according to the decred docs should not happen:
    https://docs.decred.org/getting-started/user-guides/web/

Clearing cache approach:
    close the web page
    clear my firefox cache: options->privacy->clear your recent history (make sure cache is ticked)
    I also cleared cache and offline web content via the advanced menu: options->advanced->network
    Restarted firefox (should not be necessary)

I then opened up the decred wallet url expecting to see the web page asking me to agree to terms and conditons of the web wallet, but instead it showed my web wallet with balance etc.

The only way i could remove the web wallet and get back to the terms and conditons page was to do the following:
    Whilst the decred wallet page was open
    Open up firefox developer tools: press F12
    Select the console tab
    Type the following command: localStorage.clear

WARNING: Please dont use the above command if you have not backed up your seed key!

Im not sure if this is my setup or if its genuinely a firefox issue, but thought i would share in case others have the same problem.

2. chris

chris New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Ok, I just figured out that Firefox does not clear local storage unless the "time range to clear" in options->privacy->clear your recent history, is set to "Everything".

I originally had it set to today as today was the first day the web wallet was used.

Chris

David likes this.