Command Line Error - Stake Pool [solved]

Discussion in 'PoS Pools' started by Noah, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    #1 Noah, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Can someone explain me this error? And how to take steps in order to solve it?

12:14:03 2016-03-10 [ERR] DCRW: Unable to create RPC servers: failed to create listeners for legacy RPC server

Context: I want to delegate voting rights to the stake pool with this command:
    --enablestakemining --ticketaddress=Dcsg3D17iexampleaddressgf9kELijVrzf --balancetomaintain=100 --ticketmaxprice=19

My dcrd and dcrwallet are running in the background.

If you need more info, please tell me!

2. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    a wallet already running ?

3. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Yes, both dcrd and dcrwallet are up and running... For now I solved it by purchasing tickets manually, but it would be great if my wallet could stake automatically in the future. Recommendations are highly appreciated.

4. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    does this have anything to do with latest hotfix release 0.0.7 which allows for stakepool tickets to be relayed? Are you running the latest version?

5. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    my question was meant as an explanation of the error - is it possible, that "DCRW: Unable to create RPC servers: failed to create listeners"
    because there is already another instance running ? I guess

6. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    You're right, that solved the error. I assumed that the command should be executed next to dcrd and a running dcrwallet... My mistake, thank you for clearing that up!