Dcrd.conf Or Dcrwallet.conf?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by CyberRich, Jun 6, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. CyberRich

CyberRich New Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Guam
    What is the configuration file called for Decred? The sample configuration file is called dcrd.conf, but on the stakeminer.com site (https://dcr.stakeminer.com/tickets) is refers to it as dcrwallet.conf.

What is the correct name for this config file?

Thanks.

2. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Dcrd.conf is the file for the network daemon. Dcrwallet.conf is the file for the wallet. There is also a third one for dcrctl. You need all of them; have a look through, they're quite well documented. Basically, pretty much anything that can be given on the command line can go into the conf.

3. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    For PoS mining you should save all your credentials to dcrwallet.conf (ticketaddress, pooladdress etc)

4. CyberRich

CyberRich New Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Guam
    what directory are these located in?
    under C:/Program Fies/Decred/Paymetheus/ I only see a dcrd.conf file. I see the application files for dcrctl.exe dcrd.exe, and dcrwallet.exe also in that directory but no .conf files for these.

5. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    If you use GUI wallet Paymetheus, just ignore those instructions in stakepool website. They are for command line dcrwallet.
    Instead, you should just import API KEY from your Settings page to the paymetheus and it will import all necessary scripts and addresses for you.

Check official instruction here:
    https://docs.decred.org/getting-started/user-guides/using-paymetheus/#purchase-tickets-tab

6. Denz

Denz New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    If I use the API KEY in the Paymetheus wallet, can I also use it for automatic purchasing or do I have to manually start it over-and-over again?

7. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    You have to purchase tickets manually every time. You can use command line wallet dcrwallet for automatic ticket purchasing (should be online & unlocked all the time)

8. Denz

Denz New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    Thanks! Do you know if there is a way to get an alert so you actually know you can repurchase?

9. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    What stakepool do you use? I can add such optional email alerts to this pool: https://stakepool.dcrstats.com (also, you can access all your tickets via JSON API if you know how to write monitoring scripts).
    I don't know if other stake pools offer any "voted ticket" alerts.

10. Denz

Denz New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    Nope, don't know how to do that. I joined Ultrapool.eu. Since I'm not sure they provide these alerts, I'll ask them. If not, I can always switch next time. Thanks again for your answer.