Dcrstats.com - Decred Network Dashboard

Discussion in 'User Projects' started by Dyrk, Feb 23, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
  2. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    tacotime likes this.
  3. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Small update:
    - Gitter chat added to the page

Since it requires github account I'm not sure how useful it can be for the visitors.
    I'll leave it for few weeks as experiment.

tacotime likes this.
  4. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Hey! Another important update arrived.
    I saw many times on the forum how people blaming stakepools or developers that ticket price is hight.
    Well, now you can finally track estimated ticket price on dcrstats.com

This functionality should be still tested and there are some performance improvements on the way, but for the last 5 days it worked as expected locally on my laptop.
    Credits: bezformy (he ported difficulty.go to JS)

tacotime, invisible, adam2312 and 5 others like this.
  5. ceejep

ceejep Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 14, 2015
    getticketpoolvalue added for next version.

Code:
    >getticketpoolvalue
    It would be neat to have a third pie chart showing the value of the ticket pool vs all coins. It takes seconds to compute, so you will want to cache the result.

adam2312, dave, Dyrk and 2 others like this.
  6. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Yes that would be interesting. That is a live number? 237Kdcr staked? Not as much as I expected. But does confirm a few things.

7. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
  8. karamble

karamble Member
    Developer

Feb 19, 2016
    #48 karamble, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Do you checked getconnectioncount, getcurrentnet maybe?

The best informations you can get from your own node by issue the command: getpeerinfo
    You get the lastseen - the bytes send and received, their software version running and their pingtime.

If someone want to appear on the dashboard he have to issue the command: node / addnode
    You can add nodes permanently with this. Maybe they add their node directly on your dashboard by giving the ip address and your dcrd add them to the permanent list. Of course this is only interesting for peers with static ip addresses.

Maybe you can add maxminds ip2location database to display the country where they coming from.

Too bad we aren`t able to give our node a nice Nickname, that would be a must have on this list ;) because you should anonymize the list and don`t display all those ip-addresses in public.

9. chappjc

chappjc Full Member
    Developer Pool Operator (PoS)

#49 chappjc, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    If you are comfortable with native code, you can borrow the node crawler from the decred-seeder project, the tool used by Decred for the DNS seeds used when dcrd starts up.

I've been running it on an EC2 instance for about a week now and it seems to do a good job keeping track of nodes. See the output here: https://decred.monkeyland.io/online.shtml (running from my fork, with small tweaks and reworked documentation).
    If I knew the first thing about web programming I'd try parsing the output to get a histogram of node versions, uptimes, geo-locations, reverse DNS, etc.

There are surprisingly few nodes online and publicly accessible at any given time -- just 60 to 70. Most people are behind a firewall, evidently.

David and drunkenmugsy like this.
  10. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Dyrk - Are you able to and a trend line or maybe just an up(red?)/down(green?) arrow to the damn stake price prediction? I dont want to watch it for several blocks to see if it is trending down or up. Tell me at a glance!

11. dave

dave New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    i think that it would be cool to overlay the projections from each block on the actual graph to see what happens in between the official changes....#datanerd

Dyrk likes this.
  12. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Yeah, we are in search of a better way how to display next price. I can either show chart of the current round (144 blocks), or show max, min and average values (min - if nobody won't buy any ticket; max - if every block there will be 20 ticket purchase transactions; average - based on historical freshstake size for the current ticket price +-1 dcr)
    But I am also afraid that this could be very confusing for newcomers.

13. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Meh - Noobs wont know what most of that page means anyway. Dont dumb it down just for that. I was thinking along the lines of the last few blocks. Is the stake price trending up or down?

14. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    U have a point :p

15. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    @dave @drunkenmugsy @Ayush Here is how estimated price charts looks like. They are really confusing.

Last 144 blocks:
    [​IMG]

Last 5 * 144 = 720 blocks:
    [​IMG]

Ayush likes this.
  16. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Yes I agree. So as I suggested just take the average direction higher or lower over the last x blocks and point an arrow up or down. No chart needed. Just add it before/after the estimated price.
    What we really want to know is if the next sstx price is going to be higher or lower than the current. Then base our sstx buys off of that info. I dont really care or need a chart of it. as you say it does weird things as people buy sstx.

Attached Files:

17. chappjc

chappjc Full Member
    Developer Pool Operator (PoS)

18. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
  19. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Looking good!

20. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Is the mempool counter experiencing some issues? Right now it's showing 1056 tickets. getstakeinfo tells me there's only 2 in allmempooltix.

EDIT: This matches the most recently mined block which included 2 new tickets.