Dcrticketbuyer Not Buying Tickets??

Discussion in 'Proof-of-stake Mining' started by imtav, Feb 2, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. imtav

imtav New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    I got my dcrd and dcrwallet up and running, and was successfully able to purchase tickets using --enablestakemining. Then I tried using --enablevoting and --enableticketbuyer, got dcrticketbuyer up and running successfully (wallet and dcrticketbuyer both showed successful connection, and new blocks were showing up in dcrwallet and dcrticketbuyer), and yet dcrticketbuyer wouldn't buy even though the current situation appeared to fit all my criteria. The current ticket price was 72.42, my balance was ~75, and there were 0 tickets in the mempool. Several blocks went by without dcrticketbuyer making a purchase. Then I went back to using --enablestakemining, and successfully purchased a ticket right away. My dcrticketbuyer.config file is listed below. Did I make a mistake?

#Login Info
    dcrduser=xxxxxx
    dcrdpass=xxxxxx
    dcrwuser=xxxxxx
    dcrwpass=xxxxxx

#Stake Info
    maxpriceabsolute=75
    maxfee=1.1
    minfee=0.001
    balancetomaintain=0
    maxinmempool=40
    maxperblock=2
    feesource=mean
    feetargetscaling=1
    expirydelta=16
    maxpricescale=0
    minpricescale=0
    pricetarget=0

2. jrick

jrick Member
    Developer

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    Running the wallet with --enableticketbuyer alongside dcrticketbuyer is redundant, the --enableticketbuyer feature in wallet uses a newer version of the dcrticketbuyer code.

If you still do want to use the old dcrticketbuyer, use it without the --enableticketbuyer option for dcrwallet.

3. imtav

imtav New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Ok. I'll try to use --enableticketbuyer without running dcrticketbuyer. Are the commands still executed with dcrctl as though I was using --enablestakmining? When I run dcrctl -l I'm not seeing all the same fee options that I did when using dcrticketbuyer

4. jrick

jrick Member
    Developer

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    It depends what version of dcrwallet you are using. In 0.7 release it will look for a ticketbuyer.conf in your dcrwallet config directory. Those options are the same as dcrticketbuyer, so you can copy your dcrticketbuyer.conf there and wallet will read them. For 0.8 (and if you build the dcrwallet master branch from source today) all of the ticket buyer options will begin with 'ticketbuyer.' followed by the option name, and you can list them all using dcrwallet --help.

jy-p and karamble like this.
  5. Adriano

Adriano New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    How would be the command line for autopurchasing on 0.8? I was using --enablestakemining on 0.7 and said that it is deprecated.
    I don't know how to program so stayed with the --enablestakemining for a long time. Been doing solo mining for a while now.