Dcrticketbuyer Wont Buy Unless Refreshed

Discussion in 'Proof-of-stake Mining' started by Btu, Jul 26, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Btu

Btu New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I had set up POS and everything was working good a few weeks ago. I still monitor it every day to see how's it going. When I noticed a low ticket price and looked if it bought tickets, it hadn't. I restarted dcrticketbuyer, and then it bought the tickets. Same happened today(when the price was extremely low), when there were 22 blocks left. I noticed the price, I checked it and it hadn't bought any tickets. I then restarted dcrticketbuyer and it bought the tickets(because it had a good fee they became immature in notime).

So any idea why it isn't automated and I have to refresh it for it to buy tickets?

2. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    There was strange behaviour with previous versions.
    What version is yours ?
    Can you post / PM logs ?

3. ceejep

ceejep Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 14, 2015
    What platform and version are you on? I noticed in Windows that if you click on anything in the daemon console and highlight it seems to freeze the daemon, at least in PowerShell.

Beyond that, if you're on Linux and anything ever freezes, please kill the process and provide us the trace output with:
    Code:
    killall -SIGABRT dcrticketbuyer
    That'll help us debug any lockups or freezes.

4. Btu

Btu New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I am using windows, and v0.1.6. I just noticed that v.0.2.0 was released. Was there a way to easily upgrade using dcrinstall, I remember reading something about that.

5. ceejep

ceejep Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 14, 2015
    You should be simply able to run dcrinstall and it will overwrite the binaries.