Dear Decred Community

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Noah, Feb 1, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    #1 Noah, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    My name is Noah. On every profile I always mention that "I am dedicated to making a positive change in life". It is my mission to improve constantly and to inspire others to do the same.

Ever since my studies I have been interested in decentralised systems. My friend used to mine Litecoins in his apartment, he made a few hundred dollars + he didn't have to pay for his heating. Oddly enough I've never joined the Bitcoin hype, possibly because of the chaos and messiness around the project.

Having browsed around, I believe that Decred is different, and I'm excited to be part of the project. It is my intention to start a blog where I discuss my discoveries around Decred, I aim to reach a wide audience of people who are new to cryptocurrencies and want to learn from an unbiased source. Furthermore, I can help with translating from English to Dutch.

And of course, I'm planning to spread the word about Decred on Twitter and Facebook!

Freemind, sambiohazard and jinlei like this.
  2. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Welcome. That's a nice moto to have.

You should consider contacting @_ingsoc in regards to getting an advocate ribbon to distinguish your area of interest.

Freemind likes this.
  3. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I would say to you that this is the calm before the storm. Once mainnet is launched, there will mess, FUD, debates, attacks, modification & more of the same. It is just the nature of open source project. Also, cryptocurrencies involve money so it attracts all kind of crappy people who want to profit by duping others. There will be traders shilling, scammers stealing & debates about what is right direction to go in. Bitcoin is chaotic because its network effect has grown very rapidly & this has distorted incentive of those who are heavily invested or got in early as enthusiasts. It will be sorted out sooner or later. Expect the same if decred becomes popular quickly. I appreciate your enthusiasm and wish you all the best for your future engagement with decred. Just don't get disillusioned due to all the chaos as that is how this world rolls.

Noah, Antway and Freemind like this.
  4. Freemind

Freemind Member
    Translator (Español)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Hi and welcome @Noah.

I totally agree with @sambiohazard, from next Monday we will not only have to be attentive to mine (who can).