Decred On Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by S1lentB0SS, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. S1lentB0SS

S1lentB0SS New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    ;)Hi Decreders, have somebody the Skill to write a item on Wikipedia about Decred? Let us know. Let's Talk about, wath do you thing we have to write in to that.

tacotime likes this.
  2. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Definitely on the cards. I'll be tending to this as soon as we get through airdrop.

S1lentB0SS likes this.
  3. Info

Info Jr. Member
    Translator (Nederlands)

Dec 31, 2015
    Belgium
    What about a separate wiki on decred? like wiki.decred.org

tacotime likes this.
  4. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    That already exists. You can read wiki.decred.org now if you'd like - more content will evolve there in the future.

daw likes this.
  5. Info

Info Jr. Member
    Translator (Nederlands)

Dec 31, 2015
    Belgium
    I just discovered it pardon me for not searching it earlier.

tacotime likes this.
  6. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    No big deal, information is kind of scattered all over the place! But we're trying to keep it consolidated as best we can.

7. JasonSome

JasonSome New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    University Student
    Athens
    Hmmm, @_ingsoc disappeared and "be tending to this as soon as we get through airdrop": I guess he meant dumping and going away as quickly as possible!

8. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    You've got it wrong there, he has contributed a huge deal as organiser of the project. There are several sources of information that he helped creating: https://wiki.decred.org/Main_Page; https://docs.decred.org/; and of course GitHub.

While we're at it, why not start building the page ourselves? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decred That's ultimately what Wikipedia is about :D Do you have an editor account?

9. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

@Noah A little advice on the wikipedia article. We had one early on but it was just a copy of other content of ours so it got flagged right away and eventually deleted. The best way to get a good wikipedia page is to start small with a summary of decred (NOT copied and pasted from elsewhere) and then add to it over time. Then you should get other (relevant of course) pages to link to it. That could be go projects or alt coin lists or any other wikipedia pages like that.

jy-p and chappjc like this.
  10. chappjc

chappjc Full Member
    Developer Pool Operator (PoS)

Long over due. I would love to see this happen! :)

ClokworkGremlin, Ayush and Alexoz like this.