Decred Software: A User Friendly Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by tacotime, Jan 29, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Hey everyone, now that testnet has been out for a little while and everyone has had a chance to play with the software a bit, let's crowdsource a user-friendly Decred software guide.

There have been a few guides set up in the community already, notably by @sambiohazard (here) and @anondran (here). So what I am asking is if users can find questions and answers on the forums and post them here (preferably in a single post). Or, if you are stuck and can't find an answer, post that here and let's get the answer.

Make sure you link to the source, so credit can be given as well. Let's see if we can get this going and then we'll turn it into a complete user friendly guide for the wiki. Most questions revolve around using the wallet, stake mining, and GPU mining, so we can categorise accordingly (and add categories as information comes in). But let's first get all the information together. Thank you for your help!

Fraunhofer, David, Michael and 3 others like this.
  2. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    I will improve my guide as people find more errors.
    We gotta post common errors and solution to that error, which we could do here :)

Fraunhofer, koolykg, Michael and 2 others like this.
  3. LewiesMan

LewiesMan New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    I'm so sorry to say THIS... but it seems I need a GUI to support my mining software (I get just over 1.2 mhs on my amd 6870 with low diff)
    However I have trouble launching the dcrd client on my system... I was able to "test" an alternative blake-256 coin (won't say names
    - this is a decred forum!) just to check my speed. My nvidia I use for gaming btw - I have two gpu slots... my amd is my mining card. So now you know my dilemma. However I am looking forward to supporting decred fully when the main-net launches! Thanks.

4. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Hey @LewiesMan ,
    Some people are working on developing gui wallets, pools,etc. Stay tuned on 'Technical Development' for more details.
    Visit these threads for more info,
    Java gui wallet by @SG-O
    Basic Desktop Wallet by @BrandonReynolds

tacotime likes this.
  5. Teryakisan

Teryakisan New Member
    Designer

Jan 31, 2016
    Male
    What, exactly, does 'Share above target' mean? While this might be obvious to the previously experienced miners, a forum search returns hazy results at best. Thx!

chadi likes this.
  6. Sinan

Sinan New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    Hi please help how to start.

7. Sinan

Sinan New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    ok, nobody does it.

8. Noah