Decred Videos

Discussion in 'Darkroom' started by tacotime, Jan 5, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Anyone interested in putting together a launch video? We'll set up a YouTube site where we can put all kinds of user-generated video content. We can do serious and fun videos. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this specifically, but I'll leave this here and open-ended to see if anyone is interested.

2. Anarki

Anarki Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I have experience with making video content for YouTube, I could help out with the tutorials tips and guides on setting up a wallet, mining, etc..
    I recently started using Premiere Pro CC so I could help out with the launch video but I wouldn't be the main guy to work on it.

Renato Abreu and Freedom2Choose like this.
  3. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Thanks for the initiative!

4. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    #4 RegenX, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    My suggestion is that people at this forum could contact blockchain/bitcoin related podcasters and youtubers
    to have ingsoc or others interviewed by those hosts.

then out-takes from the various Decred interviews can be compiled with graphics and music to create some introductory videos. Not to mention the additional exposure which being featured on those shows would bring.

there is a list of youtubers and podcasters who should be contacted here. I might not be the best informed to contact these people , myself alone. I will contact them, but I think it best if someone better informed than myself also contacts them

SovereignBTC
    The Daily Decrypt
    The Tatiana Show
    The Crypto Show
    Let's Talk Bitcoin

see a list of them here:
    https://letstalkbitcoin.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/deBitcoin/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/user/shizzlemofo/videos
    we make a coordinated effort to contact these people with why Decred is important and to request interviews about Decred

Jim, Jazzah, tacotime and 1 other person like this.
  5. Chukwuemeka Nwauche

Chukwuemeka Nwauche New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    This seems like a very smart idea in terms of exposure because the podcasters will continuously bring up decred even after the interviews have been conducted.

Jim, RegenX and tacotime like this.
  6. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    Already managed to video?

7. bitfilm

bitfilm New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Video Producer
    I'd be interested in helping out with this as well. I have a strong background in audio & video production and am based in Chicago. Would be happy to film interviews or tape audio interviews for podcasts. Let me know what sort of things you need help with. Here's the link to my reel: http://recordtheworld.com/reel/ and here's the link to one of the podcasts I work produce: https://soundcloud.com/the-show-about-science

RegenX, ClokworkGremlin and tacotime like this.
  8. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    This would be excellent, bitfilm! Thank you for stepping forward. Sorry if my area knowledge lacks a bit, but maybe you can help me with the correct terminology. We've got a designer user group, but I think we're quickly approaching a stage where we can start separating those who make static images and those who do videos. Is there a preferred industry term to separate the two? I.e., print designer versus motion designer. Trying to find the clearest way we can group these and start on collaborative projects across groups - still trying to get a feel for where everyone sits.

9. bitfilm

bitfilm New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Video Producer
    I would probably just lump everything under the category of multimedia (motion graphics, video, podcasts, photography, etc. are all subspecialties that easily fit here).

10. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    #10 ClokworkGremlin, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Well, I did use my YouTube channel as my online presence, may as well follow up on that.

Editing examples:
    AMV I did back in 2014
    LP series random stuff:
    "Go swim, Pikachu."
    "DEEN!"
    "Maybe even twice."
    "...all had a baby." (the version I actually ended up using in episode 39 was toned down, we decided this version broke the "PG-ish" desired content level for the series)
    No Short-Term Memory

I had an idea for a short intro video I'll try to get to today or tomorrow[edit]Today it is.[/edit]. I also have some Magicka 2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon footage I need to get edited...

tacotime likes this.
  11. sterky

sterky New Member

Jan 25, 2016

I also do a podcast type show with my bitcoin meetup, you can see our last show with the LBRY project here

We would be more than happy to speak with a few members of your team. We usually do the show on thursday nigh or anytime saturday

sambiohazard and RegenX like this.
  12. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Welcome @sterky i would sure like to see some decred members on your show :)
    You can contact @_ingsoc, most probably he will be the one of people who will be on the show.

13. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male

very good, and very good timing, as the interest is building in this project, word is that the Decred developers will not be doing any media
    until they have more time after Decred is launched successfully. I would imagine that they consider that the publicity would be of better
    use once people (in other words the general public or larger bitcoin/alt coin community) have something functioning, ergo the fully trading Decred,
    to get involved with. Your timing is great because Decred is getting closer to launch by the day, though the actual date is still tentative.
    It should not be long now, though, as the original launch date was I believe Jan. 25th and has been postponed to tweak Decred to perfection.

14. sterky

sterky New Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Just checking back in if there would be members of the team willing to do an interview to explain the project and its intricacies.

Regardless keep up the good work and excited for some new UX

cc @_ingsoc

maxfunky, bitfilm and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  15. bitfilm

bitfilm New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Video Producer
    I'd be happy to help film or do the audio recording for this interview (I'm in Chicago) if interested.