Error "could Not Deserialize Stored Ticketmaps" When Starting Daemon

Discussion in 'Transactions' started by JPred, Jun 8, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. JPred

JPred New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    When I start ver 0.1.4 in Windows I get the message that the stored ticketMaps could not be deserialized. I think it might have something to do with low diskspace and resulted because of the 'running out of diskspace on my computer' issue. How do I fix this. Thanks.

2. .m.

.m. New Member

Jan 23, 2016
  3. JPred

JPred New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Thanks .m. I freed up space and now with lotsa space I still get the same error as I load daemon in ver 0.1.5 I hope its not too serious cause I want to use stake pool to get my ticket in there.

4. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    The error can be found here : https://github.com/decred/dcrd/blob/master/blockchain/stake/ticketdb.go#L342

The problem may be corrupted GOB file, I would try :
    1/ stop all daemons
    2/ delete GOB file - using Linux usually somewhere at ~/.dcrd/data/mainnet/ticketdb.gob
    3/ I'd continue with "recreate from seed" - see links in my signature below. You may need to rename wallet folder first (e.g. to dcrwallet_bak)

5. JPred

JPred New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Thank you root! 1 and 2 took care of my issue, which I'm glad about - wasn't in the mood to recreate from seed. My first batch of Decred I staked myself since launch, but have moved over to stake pool now for convenience.