Estimations Or Predictions On Decred's Cost

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by ZomaX, Jan 10, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Why do they need this. I think for Google is not a problem to launch their own cryptocurrency and spend a lot for marketing stuff.
    In this case they can earn more money, have more control and maybe even use all that computing power of the network to solve their problems.

2. Wilis

Wilis New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    How exciting guys thanks for the info

3. yeah , Decred must have a dakr web that receive payments via Decred, we know why Bitcoin so famous because it has his market network , the biggest is Silk Road. May be decred must be has his own market network that can make decred become more valuable. Develop website like amazon and have discount if you buy use Decred is a good idea :)

RegenX likes this.
  4. its right because Auroracoin doesn't have a market that make the coin valuable, and Some Icelandic politicians have taken a negative view of Auroracoin. During a parliamentary debate on March 14, 2014, you can see more news here >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auroracoin

5. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    I was glad to find out that an altcoin like this had such little premine.

6. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    the reas
    so the Bet-Debit site could be a combination market for low priced mail order items combined with the betting payment app.
    sort of an online dollar store with items under a certain set price.......maybe a $50 cap on price, nothing over a certain price listed....

ZomaX likes this.
  7. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    The price is unlikely to ever go far below $.5 because it will be bought en masse at that price, either by community members/developers. There are enough who believe the price will go up for that to happen.

8. shoshin

shoshin Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    I would suggest those who are drawn here because of Decred's novel technical approach and governance should not overly concern themselves with price in the first few months, as with all new things there may be some confusion in the beginning. The low amount of liquidity may cause large price swings until large exchanges add DCR and the market depth increases. Large buyers could come in and spike the price easily, on the other hand many airdrop participants could immediately sell because they simply see this as free money and have no interest in participating in the network/community long term. Give it time my friends, Decred will stand on its own merit; before long the market will start to discover the potential and the price will start to reflect that reality.

anderson le and RegenX like this.
  9. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Remains to be seen, in a way it will weigh a portion of this community. Certainly not all participants will share a genuine dedication to the project, but I think enough do.

10. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    We need both. If no one spends, the price will be artificially inflated and we will get a bubble. If not one saves, it will crash.

jy-p and Suraj like this.
  11. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    The latter scenario won't happen for various reasons, as for the former, will have to wait to see.

12. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    From what I have read there is some incentive to save decred as a full voting PoS node. Some small percentage will be saved as in they *must* be reserved and not spendable to facilitate voting authority.

13. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    In all likelihood the vast majority will be saved, in anticipation of strong performance in the future and for PoS.

14. kodaxx

kodaxx New Member
    Designer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    I'm very close on building a marketplace. It's built, actually. Waiting on some stuff to come out so I can accept decred

15. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    that is tremendous news

my hope is that you succeed and have all the help you could wish for via this community.
    I hope to bring my Bet-Debit concept forward alongside this. I need programmers to help
    out.

16. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Wow. I think a marketplace that features Decred is key - we need a way to get the attention of crypto traders and show them 'why Decred', as well. Ideas like RegenX's Bet-Debit and Decred's trade value that make Decred stand out will get the attention of many people. I think that then, those who look further into Decree will realize the importance of a decentralized cryptocurrency. I think people angry with the whole Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin XT will also see much in Decree. Too bad I'm not a programmer - I can't help RegenX out :confused:. I'll still try and make contributions to Decred though.

jinlei and RegenX like this.
  17. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    If the coin takes off, it will be probably worth thousands in the coming decades

RegenX likes this.
  18. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    true

19. justfog

justfog New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    right.2 years of coding and many devs and price only 0.49 usd?
    It will be a failure causemining cost will be much excpensive then 0.49 usd

20. justfog

justfog New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    I forgot:you don'thave to sell decred for btc cause deecred willbe the new btc.

BigBertha likes this.