1. 2017/06/21 - Decred v1.0.5 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
    Dismiss Notice

Estimations Or Predictions On Decred's Cost

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by ZomaX, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Wolf0

Wolf0
    Expand Collapse

2. ZomaX

ZomaX
    Expand Collapse
    Designer

I'm not sure I would want Decred to be the next Bitcoin, not exactly the same at least. Bitcoin was huge (I speak of it in passed tense because I honestly believe it's in its last days, and even if it isn't, it's dead to me) but it always had a pretty bad reputation with a lot of people. Many associated drugs, weapons, and other illegal commodities with the Deepweb and its number one currency - Bitcoin. Even before Mike Hearn stepped away from Bitcoin, it was having trouble in countries like the US and Australia, especially with banks. 'Heists', Cryptsy, Mt. Gox, and so many negative events are now what Bitcoin will forever be remembered for. I read somewhere that Bitcoin was doomed to fail 8 times before now, and many have hope that it will bounce back. Even in the scenario in which it does, people will realize how much of a failure Bitcoin really is. Nobody will be able to look beyond the fact that a handful of miners have so much power. I just think that Decred could be so much more. Almost exactly what Bitcoin lacked, Decred emphasizes on. It's almost as if Bitcoin handed Decred the baton as its dying wish, and now it's time for Decred to do everything that Bitcoin couldn't. In my eyes, Decred doesn't need to be expensive for it's worth to be recognized. Already, Decred's community is showing so much hope. I've seen amazing wallpapers, paper wallets, app icons, and a bunch of other user generated content made by people who want the best for Decred. I really believe in Decred, with ten times the amount of faith I've put into any other cryptocurrency, period - Decred has so much more to offer than Bitcoin ever could.

#42 ZomaX, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu
    Expand Collapse
    Advocate (Twitter)

Beautiful abstract, beautiful words that sums up the feelings of many people here.

hendrayoga likes this.
  4. marcelocoin

marcelocoin
    Expand Collapse

I follow the price will probably be similar to all the other launch, did not see the time to start!

5. RegenX

RegenX
    Expand Collapse

the original estimated starting date for the coin release was January 25th, but it probably will be later than that.

6. Michael Crego

Michael Crego
    Expand Collapse

I agree. That's a very pessimistic outlook. If the price dropped that low, it wouldn't be sustainable. I highly doubt that will be the case. As far as ETH goes, price still progressively rising, so I don't know why you say "initial pump and dump" It will break 400k soon

7. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu
    Expand Collapse
    Advocate (Twitter)

I do not believe in the fall of that.

8. hendrayoga

hendrayoga
    Expand Collapse
    Advocate (Twitter)

Is decred already on market exchange ?? i see on polloniex there is no decred:confused:

9. RegenX

RegenX
    Expand Collapse

people are still getting confused about the countdown clock. The countdown clock was for the closure of the application period for the airdrop, that's all. Decred has not launched yet.

highlonesome likes this.
  10. ZomaX

ZomaX
    Expand Collapse
    Designer

I hope everyone who wanted to get into airdrop was able to. It would suck to miss it by a day or two.

11. filippounits

filippounits
    Expand Collapse

There's no testnet btw

12. Brent Morrison

Brent Morrison
    Expand Collapse

I believe there must be a wallet format before anyone can install it on an exchange so until there is a wallet available you won't see it on an exchange.

drunkenmugsy likes this.
  13. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu
    Expand Collapse
    Advocate (Twitter)

I think it's the beginning of all the portfolio so that we can move in the portfolio in we already have, so now the place to be missing transactions.

14. cred

cred
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful plan! I just picked up the premium domain name "de.credit". It was a bit pricey but I had to. Let me know if you know anyone who would be interested in such a tld exchange for decred. I think of online malls, exchange, Stakiing pools, p2p lending and decred funds back on your card after a getting your "g" on (gambling) in DCRdice. Decred is the limit. We all know where this is going.

RegenX likes this.
  15. chris haiden

chris haiden
    Expand Collapse

I think it will stay around $500. Since, unlike before the supply is stagnant now, and demand increasing slowly.

Although it is not widely accepted, and don't expect it grow very fast since we still do not have proper infrastructure to support it. Bitcoin is definitely the currency of the future but, people do not like change and way too volatile for the present.

It's value will increase exponentially once people start using it like normal currency and stop comparing it with fiat currency.

After years of volatility, the Bitcoin price forecast is finally on an upward trek through 2017 and beyond. In just five years, the Bitcoin price (BTC price) rose from a few cents to over $1,000, which should give you some sense as to how much money early investors made. But don’t worry, our Bitcoin price prediction 2017 shows that there is still more room to the upside.

16. buttongoose

buttongoose
    Expand Collapse

Regarding the BTC price, as I'm watching the news & posts on ZeroBlock, it looks like BTC Core is winning the protocol war. This should give BTC coiners confidence and I think it will rally. If so, then the altcoins could be in for a beating.

17. jcv

jcv
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

From what I've seen the relationship between bitcoin price and altcoin price is a bit more complicated than that. Some are are tied to bitcoin's price in a positive way, others in a negative,,and some are almost (but not quite) independent. It is actually kind of interesting. I wish more academic finance people know more about this and wrote some actual papers on it since I'm sure there are some very interesting dynamics that we are all missing.

18. anvoice

anvoice
    Expand Collapse

Then there's market manipulation like polo delisting 17 altcoins that were mysteriously pumped a few days prior, with massive sell offs just before the delisting announcement.

Rant aside, I think Decred is a very solid project that will continue to steadily rise upward in value. The dev team is hardworking, the community is supportive, and the tech is sound.

19. buttongoose

buttongoose
    Expand Collapse

No question about this. I feel that maybe Decred is the only crypto that doesn’t have flawed governance.

20. buttongoose

buttongoose
    Expand Collapse

Yes – it’s so mind-boggling intermingled and complicated that maybe a team of a criminologist and a physicist applying the Theory of Chaos could give a more accurate analysis of the confounding price relationship dynamics than a finical analyst.