Experiment - Low Price

Discussion in 'Proof-of-stake Mining' started by Ayush, Apr 28, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Jamie Holdstock

Jamie Holdstock Jr. Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    London, UK
    David likes this.
  2. MiloIce

MiloIce Jr. Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    @Ayush well.. I don't restrict you from wanting to do that, but as you can see, its definitely not going to work as how you think it is..

3. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    New direction in ticket buying for those of you who may not have seen this. It appears that a dedicated app will replace the built in functions for ticket buys. It appears to be very tweekable. I am sure it will hasten the coming price wars by allowing everyone to easily use the new fee scaling and prioritisation. hehe

You were definitely on to something @phzi by automating but your insistence that everyone follow your strategy was ludicrous.

4. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    People will be interested, but as other's have said, not everyone will be aware that this could happen. Decred has already grown out of this community and into the public. And to my point about the selfish nature of people, there will always be that person who will try to get ahead at the expense of everyone else. In this situation, it would be somebody purchasing at 5 DCR (for example) instead of waiting for what we all hypothetically agreed to wait for: the ultimate low of 2 DCR.

And even if all the individuals did agree, c0 is still keeping up the trend I pointed out about a month ago, which I would label as a PoS market stimulus since I did not get a definitive answer to my inquiry. Every round of PoS (144 blocks), original coins from launch are being spent on at least 360 tickets, regardless of the price.

LastNinja likes this.
  5. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Thanks you. Answers my question exactly.

Wow. Nice one.

END CONCLUSION-

Such a situation is not possible and lowest price we can get now is as much as the network allows.

6. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Thanks to everyone who was involved in this thread and for helping me understand.