Airdrop Final Airdrop Review Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  â†’ Downloads

1. lol you have no idea who i am do you... I call bullshit on the airdrop. It looks like the plan to justify the outrageous premine failed and now what ...*crickets*

2. Johnshpon3

Johnshpon3 Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Telecommunications
    Slovenia
    #42 Johnshpon3, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    No problem. PGP word list is public and everybody can find it. So I not need his hex, I will just send him PGP word list or better, he can find it alone on internet.
    So from PGP word list he can find coresponded word to his hex and voila there is seed. So as you can see I'm honest, no other intentions but to help him. :) I NEVER asked to give me his hex.

Edit: Here is link to PGP word list from where you can generate your seed if you stored hex.

koolykg, Emilio Mann and Akai like this.
  3. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    If you still have your hex, you can recover! The seed words are a direct correlation of the hex according to the following chart:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGP_word_list

Every 2 hex digits is a byte and it alternates between even and odd. That is to say the first 2 hex digits you look up in the "Even word" column, the next 2 digits you look up the "Odd word" column, the next 2 digits you look up in the "Even word" column again, etc.

The final word is a checksum of the previous.

Contact me via PM and I'll help you recover.

4. see how you made it so fucking complicated even legitimate "accepted" participants could not claim their coins...nice work Poindexter * WHENS THE NEXT AIRDROP? LOL

5. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Oh, we know exactly who you are. You're the scammer who got caught and is now throwing a temper tantrum over it.
    We don't know who you are. And we don't care. Because you're literally nobody. You are a person whose entire life will be forgotten. A century from now, the marks you left on the face of this world will be erased, and not even your bones will stand as a testament to your existence.
    But I'll bite. Who are you, really? And be prepared to give some sort of proof, because nobody here is going to believe a word you say anymore.

Emilio Mann and Michael Crego like this.
  6. your noob is showing ===>[​IMG]

7. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    @OWSLEYBEATS the price is falling you can buy cheap DCR right now, if you like this project 282 coin missed is not a valid reason to leave.

koolykg and Freemind like this.
  8. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    OK, so you really aren't anybody of note and you're just trying the plan B tactic of trying to intimidate your mark into thinking you're someone important. You scam artists really ought to get a new playbook, everyone's figured out the old one.

9. jy-p

jy-p Sr. Member
    Organizer

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    It's worth taking a step back here with respsect to judging OWSLEYBEATS - he was not purged from the airdrop as part of this final pass, he was actually approved for the airdrop. However, he never completed the registration process by submitting an address after receiving the approval.

In general, I think it's important to give people the benefit of the doubt because they might not be the bad guy you think they are. I'm all for calling a scam a scam once you've done your diligence, but not before that.

koolykg, sambiohazard and Blizzy like this.
  10. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    #50 ClokworkGremlin, Feb 10, 2016
    So OWSLEYBEATS apparently saw fit to start harassing me on IRC. I considered putting him on /ignore, but wondered if I could milk him for some information first.
    [speculation judiciously removed]

He hasn't said anything else, so I figured I'd gotten all I was going to get out of him.

jy-p makes a good point, and perhaps I was a bit hasty in my accusations. To be fair, though I don't think anybody who lies about their application status and behaves in a toxic manner like this is worth keeping around in a community.

koolykg and Michael Crego like this.

11. did i mention i specialize in LANDSLIDES? ;-) *whats good bud?

12. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida

I won't even give him the courtesy of replying directly to him as he is of absolutely no importance, just a scammed who couldn't scam, so yells "scam" about who he tried to scam. He also "started a conversation" on here with me which I will not respond to. He titled the conversation "DCR SCAM", then some veiled, unimportant threat of some sort, I guess is what he was trying to achieve. I simply viewed it as a "intellectually challenged" persons way of dealing with his poor decisions, so it is irrelevant to me, as is he. I would suggest just not responding to anything he says. People with small minds don't know any better, and feed off the reactions he can generate. Ignore him, and, eventually he will get bored talking to himself.

koolykg likes this.
  13. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I checked earlier, it's empty.

14. Emilio Mann

Emilio Mann Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male

You helped many people in Brazil!
    Around 10% of participants in the airdrop not saved their seeds and will be very happy to hear that.
    Thank you

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  15. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Since there are that many of you that had the same issue, I wrote the following utility for you do to the conversion. If you could help the Portuguese speaking community with this that would be helpful.

https://github.com/davecgh/dcrseedhextowords

I made binaries for Windows/Linux/Mac and they're available under the Releases tab.

To use it, just run:

Code:
    $ dcrseedhextowords "whatever your seed hex is here"

16. Emilio Mann

Emilio Mann Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    #56 Emilio Mann, Feb 10, 2016
    Thanks again!
    I'm already helping everyone in the brazilian facebook group.
    I also will create a thread in the portuguese area in this forum.

koolykg and David like this.
  17. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I am sorry that you did not get the airdrop. As said before, you have been loyal to the project. I hope everything works out.

18. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    It's been taken care of, he and a bunch of the other PortugeseBrazilian users got the hex->words list and were able to recover their seeds in importable format.

19. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I am happy to hear that!! That is what this community is about. Helping others!!!:):):):p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Emilio Mann and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  20. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    It seems that many users also generated First Address with the "--noseed" flag :)
    That example was in many threads on the forum.
    Any chance to add this address to some wallet only with a Public Key?