Flame The Devs Thread

Discussion in 'Governance' started by raedah, Jun 17, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. raedah

raedah Jr. Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I have been noticing a lot of other threads going off-topic with people criticizing the decred developers in general, so I created a thread so we can stay organized. This is the place to bring posts that are framed as Us vs Them, and to speak freely about the secret cabal that pulls the strings of decred behind closed doors.

Ayush likes this.
  2. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Now that's something. lol!! xD

3. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I've heard the Decred devs are behind the Brexit vote in order to scare people into moving capital into crypto. They're also behind the DAO hack to ensure that money gets funneled into Decred instead of Etherium. Once that's done and locked up in PoS where the ticket price will hit 400DCR, they will dump the stolen DAO on the market thus causing a crash. Terrified investors will move to Decred pushing the price up even further. The devs will then sell their premine and retire to Majorca sipping on cold tropical drinks with little pink umbrellas in them.

Noah, jy-p and Johnshpon3 like this.
  4. Alexoz

Alexoz Member

If they do so, it won't be before reaching $40/DCR. What about you? When will you sell...

Doesn't make sense!

5. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Between $80 and $100 depending on how many DCR I have at the time. It's going to pay my house off ^_^ Obviously this is a long term investment...

6. Johnshpon3

Johnshpon3 Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Telecommunications
    Slovenia
    Well, I agree with everything you wrote, just Majorca part you failed ;). I think Majorca is to far and not exotic enough for them. Maybe some fancy Careebean island would do the work.:D:D:D

7. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I'm from Australia. Everywhere over there is exotic to me :)

Dyrk likes this.
  8. Alexoz

Alexoz Member

Let's not fall into a Ponzi scheme... Airdroppers, and devs should be the one who redefine the way people think about money!

I'll keep my fund to create many branches that will allow people to get into the system...

9. Johnshpon3

Johnshpon3 Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Telecommunications
    Slovenia
    Fair enough. Just not forget that you are living in one of most exotic countires on the earth:). I know what I'm talking about, I was there (few times;)).
    (OK, January in Coober Peddy is maybe excluded from that experience :p)

10. jy-p

jy-p Sr. Member
    Organizer

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    I would like the record to show that under no circumstances would we be found drinking sugary drinks with pink umbrellas: the drinks would have less sugar and no umbrellas :).

adam2312, Ayush and 418Sec like this.
  11. .m.

.m. New Member

Jan 23, 2016
    I have no problem with your sugar or umbrellas, but before Hawaii holidays I see some things that can be improved. As promised here :

https://forum.decred.org/threads/rfp-1-windows-wallet-ui-ux-overhaul.685/ assigned in March, 1 week estimation, nothing delivered yet.

https://forum.decred.org/threads/rfp-5-mining-protocol-development-and-pool-integration.1054/ assigned in March, 1 month estimation, delivered only small part - sources that were available even before that RFP. I saw no block solved by solo mining ccminer in months, I know, the luck, but the average shall be couple weeks. There is no warning official ccminer release is for pool mining only.

I am not surprised people that own money making PoW mining portals have no intention to open source it, but I found ridiculous to whine that PoW pools misconfiguration is responsible for ticket losses at the same time. Just finish promised RFP, opensource it, and the community can help.

I expressed my worries couple times already, I can see only little to no improvement.
    Any comments are welcome.

12. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I've alerted @jrick to this and asked if he could give an update on his progress with RFP-1. You can actually track his daily and public commit progress on Paymetheus here: https://github.com/jrick/Paymetheus/commits/rfp0001

I've sent @ocminer a message about this. I've checked in with him a few times in the past on getting his sources moved into the repos the project created for this RFP. The repos were created on 03/28/16. I've followed up again to try and progress this. Unfortunately, in terms of gominer, @Dirbaio has not stepped up as hoped, so @jcv and @jolan had to pick up that work in addition to their other responsibilities. You can track their progress on gominer here:
    These are the realities we'll face with RFPs as a community and project. Some will be successful and some will require a lot more work than anticipated. Please know that this is not a dig at anyone. RFPs are not full-time jobs, so people won't always progress as fast as desired. RFP-6 for example was wildly successful, so we can try and learn from why that RFP attracted so much attention and why others are more difficult to see through in full.

I'm an advocate for more open and transparent communication. I see this thread as an expression of that desire as well.

chappjc, Noah and Alexoz like this.
  13. ocminer

ocminer Jr. Member
    Pool Operator (PoW)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    There is currently still a WIP on my Code for RFP-5, first was nicehash integration, then some ddos mitigation and a small bug was also fixed. Currently i'm working together with a few pools to get the missed ticket issue fixed, as soon as I know where this is coming from, i'll push the code to the repo's. The code actually is in use by a few pools already - so if anyone wants to join beta testing on his own pool, feel free to message me.

chappjc, Alexoz and Dyrk like this.
  14. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I'd like to try out the beta PoW pool, as I suspended work on my own once the RFP was assigned.
    I messaged, but no reply, please let me know. Thank you.

15. miningpoolhub

miningpoolhub New Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Korea
    I want to join the pool beta testing on my pool.
    I sent a message to you.

16. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I have not received a reply, any news about the beta PoW pool please ?