Game And Other Based Coin Mining Ideas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Michael, Feb 17, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Michael

Michael Jr. Member
    Designer

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    Online Business and Investment Strategy Explorer
    New Zealand
    I thought of these game and other based coin mining ideas:

Idea 1. Think of the game Minecraft, like how people simply mine blocks and find diamond from deep under the ground, between around block height 1 and 20, mainly block height 5 to 16, imagine a coin mining idea in this form, except much more pure random and unique than this.

Idea 2. Amount of blocks mined, amount of game efforts and achievements, or total scores, could result pool rewards.

Idea 3. Leveling up, specific levels or new highs could result finding a new block, receiving a coin prize, or even earning a pool share or a share of a stake dish out.

Idea 4. The amount of time that a person has been mining or playing the game for, could become a measure of stake share split dish outs.

Idea 5. Helping maintain the wallets, blockchain, data and packet load, could dish out % earnings from the fees.

Idea 6. Helping out with any of the hosting, running and performing, from operating and maintaining servers and systems, could be a form of reward dishing out too.

Idea 7. Helping out with any of the development, coding, project creating and improving, could also be an option for reward dishing out.

Certainly, other games than Minecraft could be looked into

Although all the followings would be very important questions of securities, prevention's, requirements and parts, of the management and development structures to be looked into and considered as well:

* Secure logins
    * Wallet address standards
    * Many forms of security
    * Game cheating
    * Bots
    * Questions of multiple accounts
    * Questions of duplicate user accounts
    * Questions of duplicate accounts from the same IP addresses, unless many people from the same household were verified
    * Questions of VPN securities

Just an alternative thought, for coin mining, coin earning and coin dishing out ideas, that I came up with.

Jamie Keefer likes this.
  2. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    So basically a coin faucet disguised as a Minecraft-inspired Farmtown clone?

ZomaX likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Jr. Member
    Designer

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    New Zealand
    In a way, yes

However, one of the main purposes for this idea, is to provide an alternative new coin mining and coin earning idea, of a much more fair playing field, for low grade miners
    Just so that everyone as a Decred community can at least earn some fair-share of Decred in the end

Jamie Keefer likes this.
  4. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    I don't know, games seem too easy to manipulate to tie any actually significant reward to them. Exploits and bots would be doing much of the work. Even if game rewards did equal mining rewards, then why exactly would anyone play the game? Mining is, for the most part, automated, but you can't just load up a game and leave it running and expect to win. There would need to be enough incentive to play, with not a large enough reward for it to be worth exploiting.

5. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    #5 ClokworkGremlin, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Oh, it wouldn't be too hard. My only real objectiveobjection is that making a faucet hiding under a Farmtown clone feels exploitative.

Though since the user is actually getting a game out of the deal, perhaps not as exploitative as most faucets...

6. Michael

Michael Jr. Member
    Designer

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    New Zealand
    This idea would certainly only be considerable for the people who are game players in general

Though, this also could be for computer people, during their spare relaxing times on their computer as well

For general people who have more important and main other tasks in life, this would not be so much for them

In the end, this game idea would just make up a bit more of an open option, for people who do not have much hash power to mine Decred

But this would hopefully promote and widen Decred in a friendly form, to reach a larger measure of public people and participants, to increase the chances of Decred becoming even more mainstream in general

7. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    There was something like this in 2014 i belive, it was called Huntercoin (HUC) and the entire game was on the blockchain, if i'm not mistaken.

Michael and Jamie Keefer like this.
  8. Jamie Keefer

Jamie Keefer New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Good idea. I have been kicking around an idea something like this. Ill have to look into huntercoin.

Michael likes this.
  9. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Software idea: Coin faucet with Fitbit (or similar device) integration which rewards users for exercise.

Pros: encourages fitness by giving monetary rewards for distance jogged and calories burned.
    Cons: susceptible to exploitation, requires some sort of income.

Michael likes this.
  10. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    You can actually play on Minecraft servers, that uses Bitcoin as currency.
    - So something should be possible to make.

I'm still waiting for VR with a currency that is actually usable in real life. (Like the one from Gun Gale Online, from the Anime Sword Art Online).
    - That'd be awesome. So get to it, dammit!! :D

11. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Roboforge, in the 1990s, had a tournament system where players could earn real-world money by competing. Like many things, I think it may have been ahead of its time.

Actually, I bet a similar system using coins as a payment and reward system might work well these days. They'd probably create their own altcoin, but it would basically be like having a buyback system for Microsoft points.

Wonder what the legal status for that would be.

michael sørensen likes this.
  12. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Now that you mention it. I did see a couple of altcoins (Or one at least.), specificly advertizing some sort of MMO.
    ^ Annoys me, that I can't remember which one it was.

13. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Well you've got Voxelus and their Voxels, which I honestly don't see going anywhere. Looks too much like Disney Infinity, minus the Disney, the Infinity, the collectable figurines, and... pretty much everything else interesting.

14. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I already hate it, just based on the name.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.