Getting Started? Wallets

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by vailixi, Feb 16, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    So I've been meaning to read through all of the documentation and source code available. I got hella busy with work. I won't to get this thing up and running and start buying coin. I tried looking for the thread I had started before but I'm having trouble.

I was looking for the build instructions for Linux. I also noticed a bit of dev into Windows graphical wallets so Windows VM with trusted binary will work for now. Just want to pick a few coin before they are not afforable anymore.

2. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    There's a tutorial in my signature that'll get you through setting the system up on Linux(just follow parts 1 and 2 and ignore part 3). Build instructions shouldn't be necessary, as there are precompiled binaries available for 32-bit, 64-bit, and ARM(Raspberry Pi) CPUs.

[edit]In case I happen to change my signature in the future, the tutorial is located here.

3. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the link. Yeah I know there are some precompiled binaries available. I've done bit of security research and I know easy it is to get a shell so I usually use Linux and build EVERYTHING from source.

4. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Not a bad plan. But it is golang, so you will have a bit of a learning curve... I just ran the binaries in a VM and hit it with wireshark and other tools to see what it was transferring. Also, it runs fully in userspace, which limits the attack vector considerably. (Well, cgminer requires root, but you may not need that...) So I ran the binaries.