Good News For Decred?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ayush, Aug 3, 2016.

  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Ayush

    Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

    Jan 9, 2016
    512
    100
    Male
    .
    .
  2. Ayush

    Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

    Jan 9, 2016
    512
    100
    Male
    .
    .
    You do realise that each and every cryptocurrency is different?​
     
  3. Ayush

    Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

    Jan 9, 2016
    512
    100
    Male
    .
    .
    Sure. But I think about 60% users will be like that. Remaining 40% can look else where to invest right?
     
  4. toad

    toad New Member

    Feb 9, 2016
    40
    14
    Male
    Decred is just an altcoin Ayush. It has no real value; maybe a little speculative one but if you ever buy a pint of milk with it, send me a msg.
     
  5. Ayush

    Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

    Jan 9, 2016
    512
    100
    Male
    .
    .
    Yeah it doesnt have any " real value " but as long as people mine the coin and as long as someone is there to actually buy it, it does hold some value. And we can exchange decred for some real currency and buy things and in this forum itself many people are selling things in exchange for decreds.
     
  6. Ayush

    Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

    Jan 9, 2016
    512
    100
    Male
    .
    .
    Isnt that the same as any real currency, they are but pieces of paper but since they are made by the govt and accept as medium of exchange they have some value.
     
  7. anvoice

    anvoice Member

    Dec 22, 2015
    229
    78
    Male
    No, it's not good news. If one cryptocurrency can be hacked, what makes Decred different in the long term? All this does is undermine confidence.
     
    Ayush likes this.
  8. MarSas

    MarSas New Member

    Feb 12, 2016
    54
    14
    Male
    Bitcoin was not hacked.
     
  9. N3wb1e

    N3wb1e New Member

    Jun 12, 2016
    65
    12
    Europe
    Bitcoin was not hacked, one of many bitcoin-exchances was hacked, there's always a risk if you leave your coins to third party for long time.
     
  10. anvoice

    anvoice Member

    Dec 22, 2015
    229
    78
    Male
    I know that, I was simply using shorthand because I assumed everyone here knows the news. Perhaps I lost some clarity.
     
  11. MarSas

    MarSas New Member

    Feb 12, 2016
    54
    14
    Male
    Good to know. On the other hand, was confidence in banks undermined because of the SWIFT hacks?
     
  12. anvoice

    anvoice Member

    Dec 22, 2015
    229
    78
    Male
    Recall that it's not users who eat the cost of a bank hack. Unless exchanges universally compensate stolen bitcoins (they don't), that's where the drop in confidence lies.

    Banks are also well-established entities backed by the government. It takes considerable disaster to discredit them (there have been far more drastic occurrences than the SWIFT hacks in that industry in the past, yet they're still here).
     
  13. Ayush

    Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

    Jan 9, 2016
    512
    100
    Male
    .
    .
  14. ClokworkGremlin

    ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

    Jan 10, 2016
    535
    381
    Male
    Whatever I want.

Share This Page