Software Gui Wallet - Windows, Macos, Linux

Discussion in 'Technical Development' started by Dyrk, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Hey! This weekend I started development of Cross-Platform GUI Wallet. This is a very early build, however, it works so far.

It's powered by Electron and Node.js using web sockets connection to 9110 and jRPC calls.

Let me know if you want to participate in testing, and feel free to ask which features to implement first.

Milestones as I see them right now:
    - Basic UI - done
    - Easy to use list of transactions with filtering - done
    - Prices / currencies updates (Dcrstats API) - done
    - Auto-launch dcrd / dcrwallet on app start
    - sendtoaddress
    - getnewaddress
    - import multisig script
    - setticketfee
    - purchase ticket
    - other 99% of the stuff

Supported platforms: Windows, MacOS, Linux.

[​IMG]

2. I can participate in testing. Guide me :)

3. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Hey @MTraveller. Which platform do you prefer: windows, macos, linux? Testnet or mainnet?

4. I mainly use windows, but can also go with ubuntu. Testnet or mainnet? It depends how far you are in development, if you are confident enough to let me test it using mainnet, I'll go with that. I'm ready.

5. Beoga

Beoga New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    I can test. Using Windows.

6. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    My main system is Ubuntu, I have a Xubuntu on laptop, I have Windows 10 as well on another machine.
    I want to test it, too, which would be more helpful, perhaps Ubuntu, because others have already volunteered for Windows testing?

7. Alexoz

Alexoz Member

I'm on Maverick ;)

8. ta-ky

ta-ky New Member

May 1, 2017
    USA
    The last few releases just seem to hang on on the load screen for me (macOS). It seems the client syncs up with the blockchain but when it finishes the wallet GUI never updates. Is there a wallet file or something I should just delete to startover? All of it? Anyone ever experienced this or have any suggestions for troubleshooting? lol I have three decred related folders in my library as I was playing around with the daemon too.. so I'm not sure which files to remove to reset this thing.

/Library/Dcrd
    /Library/Dcrwallet
    /Library/decredation