Guide (with Screenshots) To Claim Airdrop Coins With Wallet.decred.org

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by davecgh, Feb 13, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    You can copy/paste but while doing so check out that whole seed is a single line without any newline/Enter character and each word is separated from other by a single space.

2. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    you can just read and type. if you are on windows, right click in the command window and select "Mark". this will let you highlight and once you have highlighted what you want to copy, hit Enter key. Now go into Notepad and paste. Also once again remove any newline from pasted seed and make sure that each word is same as in the command window separated by one space. The seed is case sensitive so check for that too.

3. vitalis48

vitalis48 New Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Male
    Hi davecgh!
    Help is needed!
    There are test web wallet. There were a few coins. And then they were no longer visible on the balance sheet. But if you go to Preferences / More / Wallet information, I see 2 addresses - TshwydMsVyrPDqRfEtqAZqVy3XDabxW7Yvk , TsU9dLskxaKgwdhpaETZ2brrPcb33cArfZp .On the coins they have. Please tell me - coins can be translated into a new wallet ? How? Thank you. Vitaliy

4. CarpeDecred

CarpeDecred New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    total noob here, trying to create a new wallet and when i enter the getnewaddress command the following comes up.

Post https://localhost:9110: dial tcp [::1]:9110: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

any help would be appreciated, apologies if i am posting this in the wrong place. First post!

5. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    You appear to be using the command-line wallet utilities. This tutorial does not cover that. Check the one in my signature, it's tailored for a Raspberry Pi, but it does cover the relevant information.

Once the wallet is created, you have to re-start dcrwallet so it can connect to the chain server. That's the error you're getting.

CarpeDecred likes this.
  6. OL Lenium

OL Lenium New Member

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Is there a word wall? I think I misspelled a word in my seed.

7. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    They're all English words so just drop them into a word processor with spell check. Also don't forget that the seed is case sensitive and two or three of the words will have the first letter capitalised. (note to self, include that in the wallet doc.)

8. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Also, do not under any circumstances post the seed here.

9. esedes

esedes New Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Hello all,

I've got the airdrop confirmation a couple of months ago, and now i've tryed the online wallet but i dont have any DCR's on it ...
    How can i solve it out ?

Thanks

10. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    You must create the wallet with the seed words that were sent to you in the airdrop. If you're using the online wallet, you'll need to create a new one. There's an option in there somewhere (under advanced I think) to restore a wallet using the seed words. As always, don't post or give the seed words or generated hex to anyone.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  11. Antuvan Dindisyan

Antuvan Dindisyan New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    istanbul
    i have these details i found : so how i can reach my decred coins ?

First address: Dsjz4WUV******* ( masked )

Extended public key: dpubZFxfhSZo********** ( masked )

Dsjz4WUV( masked )

Successfully added Decred address Dsjz4WUV*********( masked )
    to the Airdrop.
    Your confirmation id is 9de8ed*****(masked )
    You may revisit this link to change your address if you wish/need to.

https://decred.org/confirm/?t=13cf22fa6f9********** ( masked ) BUT IT IS NOT WORKING I VISITED AND I GOT THE ERROR :

404 Not Found
    nginx

PLEASE I NEED HELP TO GET MY COINS FROM AIRDROP .

12. CarpeDecred

CarpeDecred New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    @Antuvan Dindisyan I can explain how to rebuild your wallet from seed using the command line if you like. PM me if you would like me to walk you through it. Remember, under no circumstances should you give your wallet seed to anyone!

Antuvan Dindisyan likes this.
  13. Antuvan Dindisyan

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    istanbul
    @CarpeDecred i am here if you can help me . ( i sent pm )

14. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    The confirmation link no longer works because it only was only useful before the launch of the coin. Once the coin was launched, all of the airdrop addresses could be easily confirmation via the block explorer, so it is no longer needed.

The only piece of information you need, which you were instructed to write down during the initial airdrop registration process is the 33-word seed. That information was generated locally on your computer when you followed the initial instructions. This means the developers nor the confirmation website which you submitted your first generated address to for the airdrop have access to the seed.

As a reminder, the following was the relevant part of the process:

Code:
    WRITE DOWN THE SEED GIVEN BELOW. YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE TO.

Your wallet generation seed is:

IMPORTANT: Keep the seed in a safe place as you
    will NOT be able to restore your wallet without it.
    Please keep in mind that anyone who has access
    to the seed can also restore your wallet thereby
    giving them access to all your funds, so it is
    imperative that you keep it in a secure location.

Once you have stored the seed in a safe
    and secure location, enter OK here to erase the
    seed and all derived keys from memory. Derived
    public keys and an address will be stored in the
    file specified (default: keys.txt):

Antuvan Dindisyan likes this.
  15. Antuvan Dindisyan

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    istanbul
    Dear Dave , i followed this article https://forum.decred.org/threads/br...-included-with-basic-commands-os-neutral.478/
    i am in 3. cmd window , but i get error during creation new wallet as the client was never connected . and other 2 cmd windows working , but 2nd window also has same error : the client is never connected .
    i used old version as in article ( 7th february . 20160207-01 )
    i have to use newer version or whats the problem ? in fact first i tried at new version but after i entered my seeds it was just waiting so i closed all windows and renamed 2 dcr folders ( wallet one was empty ) as another name before starting again with old version .

so now whats the problem please help me . how i can continue ? how i can connect the client ?

16. Antuvan Dindisyan

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    istanbul
    hello , i followed this article https://forum.decred.org/threads/br...-included-with-basic-commands-os-neutral.478/
    i am in 3. cmd window , but i get error during creation new wallet as the client was never connected . and other 2 cmd windows working , but 2nd window also has same error : the client is never connected .
    i used old version as in article ( 7th february . 20160207-01 )
    i have to use newer version or whats the problem ? in fact first i tried at new version but after i entered my seeds it was just waiting so i closed all windows and renamed 2 dcr folders ( wallet one was empty ) as another name before starting again with old version .

so now whats the problem please help me . how i can continue ? how i can connect the client ?

17. Antuvan Dindisyan

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    istanbul
    i couldnt import my wallet at decred.org online wallet , but i did it by cmd way .
    i imported seeds and created the wallet . but there is still problem and i dont know how i move from here

i didnt close 3 windows . but at 2nd window and 3rd one i got same error the client is never connected .
    now from where i have to start again ? i closed all windows now . with old version or newest one ? no matter ? february or may version ? and if i start again i let appdata folders ? now there are two folders there . dcrd ( 40 mb ) and dcrwallet ( 1 mb ) so i have to keep this dcrwallet file that contains my airdrop wallet with i imported with seeds inside ?

please tell me easiest way from here to reach my decred coins :) thank you

18. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Please kindly follow links below carefully step by step.

19. alex2bk

alex2bk New Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Male
    China
    #79 alex2bk, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Hello,

I've successfully created my wallet in the cmd prompt and I've written down my seed and hex. When I go to the web wallet, there is no option for me to "Specify my wallet seed", there are only two options "testnet" and "single wallet address", in the advanced options. How can I import my seed before/after creating a web wallet? (I can create a web wallet, just can't enter the seed anywhere)

Also when using claymore's dual miner I can never connect, I just get "dcr authorization error: null", I enter my details -dwal (the getnewaddress I requested when creating the wallet) -dpsw (tried both "x" and entering my password) it still won't connect.

Can someone please shine some light on these two issues, I'm using Ubuntu 16.04. Thanks.

20. Julesvernes

Julesvernes New Member

May 29, 2017
    Male
    Nigeria
    Can one still follow the process to claim his airdrop coins from the blockchain today if he has not done so up until now?