Guide (with Screenshots) To Claim Airdrop Coins With Wallet.decred.org

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by davecgh, Feb 13, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    If you still have the original seed, yes, they're still waiting.

2. Julesvernes

Julesvernes New Member

May 29, 2017
    Male
    Nigeria
    Wow, that could be the hard part though, but is it for real? Please how many coins did they airdrop for each person.

3. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    IF, and only if you if did all of the right steps and wrote down your seed you should have 282 DCR.
    Again, IF you have the seed you simply create a new wallet with that seed.

IF you did everything at the right time in the right way you now have roughly 5000$.
    IF NOT the lesson is maybe "Never look a gift horse in the mouth."

4. Julesvernes

Julesvernes New Member

May 29, 2017
    Male
    Nigeria
    Thanks Nimrod, I think I have the seed written somewhere that I can retrieve it from. I am just out of town but should be back home in a few days. That house is up for some seriously syrup down. I will always respect a gift horse hence forth

5. Ebrahim

Ebrahim New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Good afternoon, I have manged to locate the 33 word seed as part of the airdrop which was part of my groups project. How would I claim the airdrop?
    Thanks

David likes this.
  6. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    Nice!! Things have changed quite a bit since this guide was posted, but you can still follow the steps on the first page to get your coins in a web based wallet. Alternatively, you can download one of the GUI Decred wallets or the command line Decred tools. See the latest dev dispatch for the current downloads links here. If you intend to re-invest your Decred back into the network through it's Proof-of-Stake funtionality and earn more DCR, you can't use the web wallet for that. Any method you choose basically requires you to create a new wallet using your 33 word seed.

7. Ebrahim

Ebrahim New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Thank you, for the response, think i'll re-invest my Decred to support the project and in return earn more DCR.