Help! Wallet Gone, Can't Restore

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by bibyd21, Jan 3, 2018.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. bibyd21

bibyd21 New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    US
    Hello all - I'm pretty new but I had a wallet on wallet.decred.org up until recently. I have been mining and though I did not currently have any decred in the wallet yet, it is scheduled to be deposited in a couple of days. Today I checked my saved bookmark and its telling me I don't have a wallet.

I try to restore a wallet using my 33 word phrase and it tells me "Could not import: Wallet not registered at the wallet service. Recreate it from "Create Wallet" using "advanced options" to set your recovery phrase.

If I try to create a new wallet with or without the advanced options I receive "Error creating wallet: Network connection error".

Please help!!

2. Emilio Mann

Emilio Mann Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I think they are doing maintenance on the web wallet. There are other reports on facebook

3. bibyd21

bibyd21 New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    US
    Thank you. I'm joining the facebook group now. I don't see any reports about wallet issues though :(

4. Asad

Asad New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Male
    Luton
    I am having a similar issue, i downloaded decred and was given a wallet address along with a passphrase, i started mining and it looks like the address has changed, when i tried to register my original wallet with 33 words passphrase, i get the same message as you, please let me know if you manage to fix it, ive been mining for 24hrs now and dont want to lose out on my dcr

5. Emilio Mann

Emilio Mann Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Sorry, was on brazilian facebook group

6. Emilio Mann

Emilio Mann Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    i asked on slack