How Can One Participate In The Airdrop

Discussion in 'Archive' started by EloNet, Dec 16, 2015.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    What happened after?

2. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    I have a graph of activity... On the day of the article, traffic on the website was just over 10 times normal! And forum traffic was shocking! It stayed high with a slow taper for about 3 weeks, then dropped down to the new normal of about 5 times the amount before SlashDot. There were some other bumps with the bsdnow.tv interview, the documentation release, bug fixes and other things, but nothing like Slashdot. Even a mention on Redit did not have near the impact.

Long term, there was good improvement, and I got a lot of good people from that link that stayed to contribute. And some that showed interest for a few weeks and disappeared. It happens...

The most difficult thing for me was remembering that as the project lead, I had to remain calm, and answer questions professionally. I also got some good advice from other people running projects to remove the phrase "the problem with that is" forever! It is seen as confrontational. Also this book was highly recommended by a couple of people. When you get some free time (stop laughing... or crying...) you may want to read it. Producing Open Source Software - How to Run a Successful Free Software Project. http://producingoss.com/ A dry read, but good stuff!

3. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    That's a great story and I strongly believe that having people like you in the community will have a positive impact in developing the project.

Lee Sharp likes this.
  4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    Hi _ingsoc, I have sent you a note to participate in this exciting new crypto currency project. Hope I will be included as part of the family :)

5. Auda

Auda New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    I agree this does sound very interesting and I would love to be involved and find a way to contribute. My public online presence is intentionally small but please add me in.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    hi Auda, you will need to send a private conversation to _ingsoc with your email and background

7. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Hey everyone, thank you for helping others out and pointing them my way. Pretty busy on this end as you can image, so people stepping up is really nice to see. Appreciate it!

Renato Abreu and Lee Sharp like this.
  8. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Thanks mate, glad we could help :).
    p.s : Happy new year!

9. Artem

Artem New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Russia
  10. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
  11. badani

badani New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Female
    India
    @_ingsoc is the one everyone needs to connect to reach the airdrop. Extremely friendly and helpful. you can PM him in the forum or on the irc #decred channel on freenode.

12. Odasdo

Odasdo New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    Hello, all! I would also like to be part of the airdrop. I was referred to this by a friend who's in academia in our home country. I would love to spread the word, I've got a few contacts down here who would love what you're doing.

13. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Welcome aboard, mate! Please start a conversation with user @_ingsoc and ask him to add you. I do not recommend to post on the profile since it's public.

14. Odasdo

Odasdo New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    Cool, thank you.

15. QiVX

QiVX New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Sweet as, will send him a PM :)

16. Evilbunny

Evilbunny New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    I would like to be part of this project and help the decred community any way possible! And i am going to spread information about this amazing project.

17. RobbieRoor

RobbieRoor New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Male
    Once again, start a conversation with @_ingsoc on the forums here, send him your email and maybe a reason of why/how you want to be a member of the Decred community.

Evilbunny likes this.
  18. Potro

Potro New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    hello, my friends :)

I'm trader and investor on poloniex.com

plz add me to airdrop.

my e-mail: potro@mail.ru

19. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    I have applied for the Airdrop. Awaiting good news

20. KingCZE

KingCZE New Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Czech Republic
    Hi,
    I would like to participate in the Airdrop, too. I have my own sites about BTC but I think Decred is fresh start to the new world.
    I would like to spread a word about Decred in Czech Republic.
    And I also wrote few words on Litecred (Bitcointalk) forum about marketing. I think marketing and propagation is the most important thing. There are many people who even don't know what cryptocurrency is. I think this could change the world... It is just necessary to convince servers and services providers (and even better local local services providers) to accept payments in Decred.
    It shouldnt be so difficult in EU, thanks to EU's Court claiming that cryptocurrency is not "money" so there should not be taxes on payments in cryptocurrency. (that is good for both - the customer just like the service provider - seller)...