How To Update To V0.4.0 On Windows?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by travanx, Sep 16, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. travanx

travanx New Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
    Its been a while since I played around with this and can't figure out how to update my windows decred. I have the files located at d:\decred\wallet and download this https://github.com/decred/decred-re...ad/v0.4.0/dcrinstall-windows-amd64-v0.4.0.exe

When I run the .exe I get a black command prompt that stays open for about 5 seconds and closes, nothing else happens. Any help on how to update?

While I am at this, how does paymetheus work with this? Does it overwrite anything from the above github link?

2. travanx

travanx New Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
  3. thijsjuhhh

thijsjuhhh New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    I am actually looking for the same answer.

We all used the cmd. wallets but i see the team released an offical gui wallet ( Yay :) )
    How do you switch from the difficult black command screens, to the nice and fresh new gui wallet?

Did anyone make a ''How-to'' about this or is this just an easy thing to do?

4. gravityz3r0

gravityz3r0 New Member

Feb 28, 2016
    the exe file is a packaged all in one installer that should do everything for you.
    the blank screen is normal because the installation is running in the background.

once installed, you should be able to see all your binaries in C:\Users\XXX\decred folder.
    for any future version, just run the .exe file and it should automatically update everything in the folder as well.

5. travanx

travanx New Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
    Having the .exe install to a random location doesn't make any sense to me, but I see where they are going with that.

I renamed the dcrd and dcrwallet folders to have CLI at the end. Installed paymetheus, created my account and made a number to send my decred to.

Renamed the new dcrd and dcrwallet to have paymetheus on the end, and then renamed the CLI back to the originals. Remade my wallet from command line with the words and transferred over to the paymetheus account.

Probably did way too many steps but I now can switch back and forth between paymetheus and the CLI without messing around with any settings.