Is Decred Dead?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Offler, Mar 6, 2021.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Offler

Offler New Member

Mar 6, 2021
    Male
    Spain
    #1 Offler, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Hi everybody, greetings from Spain,

I am a newby in cryptocurrencies, and the last 2 or 3 weeks I've been studying carefully to make the right investment. My idea was to buy an ASIC to help me pay my bills :D

The fact is that Decred looked interesting, but I noticed in the forum all posts are weeks, if not years, old. Even when I registed for this forum the verification question was asking "latest Decred software version?" and the only valid answer was 1.1.2 while in fact Decred is in 1.6.

DecredProf.png

This week Decred profitability increased a lot, but later bounced back to normal. And there are no comments about this.

So, I wonder if it is still a project with future, or it's in stand by. I ask seriouslly, no hidden intentions, and not pretend to be critic with the project, just look to be safe myself.Maybe is just the forum dead, not the project

2. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hi! Most people don't use these forums any longer, if you come to chat on the Matrix client you'll find everyone: https://decred.org/matrix/

3. Offler

Offler New Member

Mar 6, 2021
    Male
    Spain
    Thanks, it looked strange to me that Decred was upgrading to newer versions, but the forums remained so old. This forum should be blocked with a permanent message explaining the move !

4. demo

demo New Member

Jan 8, 2017
    earth