Is The Airdrop Getting Delayed?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by anondran, Jan 15, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Delays are painful, but we gotta take care of everything prior to launch and looks like we are missing deadlines. Hopefully, the devs take prompt actions to fix everything and it doesn't get delayed too much.

tacotime likes this.
  2. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    #2 tacotime, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    The most important thing to remember here is that stability and testing are the number one priority when it comes to any tentative date. What has been the most challenging is the amount of interest in Decred and the logistical challenge of the airdrop - a blessing, but a difficult task to work with properly. To be frank, nobody anticipated this level of interest - which is excellent because it ends up helping the network become more decentralised from day one. However, it requires processing each application individually and navigating the path to help each person confirm their airdrop and complete the process. We, as the community, are capable and will rise to this challenge - many already have - but it does mean tentative dates get realigned as the process unfolds.

Having said this, an event that must occur one week prior to the launch of mainnet is the release of testnet and miner binaries, alongside miner specifications so everyone can prepare their gear. This is also a step in the direction of making the process of launch as fair as possible for all parties - like the airdrop. So although we don't have a definitive date just yet, we do know two things: (1) there will be a public testnet starting one week prior to mainnet launch, and (2) delays are in a matter of weeks, not months. Airdrop sign up ends on Jan 18th, and then we've got the task to get the rest of the participants confirmed, ready, and loaded. I hope that helps give some clarity about the process. Updates will roll in as soon as they come in! In the end, everyone is banding together and helping out where they can because we all want to see the same thing, and we're actively working toward that every day!

3. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    I would rather delays then bugs. Hard deadlines lead to crappy software. One thing in my project is that there are NO deadlines. We release when it is ready.

4. Michael

Michael Jr. Member
    Designer

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    Online Business and Investment Strategy Explorer
    New Zealand
    Same here, I fully agree! :)

tacotime likes this.
  5. inflames

inflames New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Aidrop end this week-end. Hope to be included as well.

6. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, Hold and Fire the Canon!!!

7. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I definitely do not want the developers to rush anything. I have seen so many tidal waves in the world of cryto-currency recently that it is imperative that our organizer and developers get this right. Take your time guys to get everything right, patience is a virtue as I was always told!!!!

Renato Abreu and Michael like this.
  8. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    Very well put, better late today to have quality, that in the future be a caida currency without crypto value.

9. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    "Rome ne fu pas faite toute en un jour."

10. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil