Jesse Was A Thief

Discussion in 'Meta' started by RegenX, Mar 2, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    #1 RegenX, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Jesse found out that I was having trouble setting up a wallet with my airdrop seed, offered me help
    with the wallet, and removed the DCR from my airdrop address once I had provided him the DCR seed words.
    here is Jesse's profile page, he's been absent from the forum since this transpired, btw. You can see if you check his forum posting history that he appeared to be a developer, he was involved with hiring people to create Decred apps for him. I had thought he was trustworthy, since he'd received the airdrop himself and had been an active member:

https://forum.decred.org/members/jesse.1083/

the purpose of this thread is to try and find out if my Decred went to his airdrop address.

Here is the first session with Jesse, where he offers help, sent me a private conversation
    titled 'Help Recover Wallet'`. I had been posting in the forum in the thread 'Guide (with Screenshots) To Claim Airdrop Coins With Wallet.decred.org'

https://forum.decred.org/threads/gu...aim-airdrop-coins-with-wallet-decred-org.643/

Guide (with Screenshots) To Claim Airdrop Coins With Wallet.decred.org

and Jesse contacted me offering to help in the following session:

JesseScreenshot1.png

During the above session I realize that seed words I am attempting to use to create a wallet are wrong, they are not the ones which I should have received during the airdrop. At that point I cannot find the correct seedwords either on my computer, nor find where I have put the paper on which I wrote the seed during the airdrop.

Here is the second session with Jesse where I contact him a couple of days later (after finding the seed written on paper)

you will see that he instructs me to install Skype and to send him the 33 word seed via skype

Jesse2Screenshot3 002.gif

The above took place on Tuesday morning of February 23. We did a skype session from there,
    I sent him the seed by Skype, and he took the 33 word seed and did virtually nothing but enter it at mainnet and try to create an online wallet, failed, and gave up immediately. He said via skype "oh, invalid seed again." and gave up.

From there I posted to the forum that though I had the valid written seed, the online wallet site was rejecting it as 'invalid seed'.

The same day, Tuesday afternoon, forum user David saw my forum posts on how the Decred wallet site was rejecting even the valid seed as invalid. He contacted me by private message at this forum, and offered to help create a binary wallet instead of using the online wallet site. That afternoon he helped me to create a binary wallet on my computer
    and we thought that everything was fixed. We worked together on teamviewer program, and I entered the 33 word seed on the command line as instructed, and the wallet went through perfectly on the first try. It even scanned in the 282 Decred balance initiiallly. Later when Jesse's theft transaction went through, my wallet balance went to 0, which I discovered the next day when doing the 'Get balance' command.

To trace where the Decred had disappeared to , I ran the 'list transactions' command at the prompt
    and made a screen capture of the transactions.

[​IMG]

the above image was posted to my thread asking how to check the transaction history of my
    wallet, here:

https://forum.decred.org/threads/is-there-some-way-to-check-activity-in-wallet.825/#post-11689

The people helping at that thread determined that the Decred had been removed and sent to the address of a member who had received the air drop .

I need to know if this address which my Decred was removed to is the same airdrop of user Jesse. If someone could please check this for me.

2. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I'd suggest, adding images from skype as well. Since that there, only proves that he wanted you to add him on AIM and Skype. Not that he told you to give him the seed, nor that you actually gave him the seed.

- Don't take this the wrong way. But basicly, your "proof" is useless as it stands. No one in their right mind, would convict Jesse of theft or fraud, with the information you give here. So if you want something done about it, you should provide the actual evidence of "the crime", and not a chat about Skype.

3. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    #3 RegenX, Mar 2, 2016
    I appreciate your interest and help Michael. Here is capture of the skype session

CaptureJesseSkype.JPG
    jessecaptureskype2.JPG
    jessecaptureskype3.JPG

you can see that this skype session was still going whilel the Decred was removed from
    my airdrop around 10:30 AM, same morning (Tuesday, February 23rd)

4. jmac12

jmac12 New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    Oh no, not another.

5. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    So, from what I can see. Your coins looks like they where moved to another airdrop wallet.
    - If the team did a decent screening of the applicants. It shouldn't be hard to find whom the culprit is.

I've only just read the first thread you made, about it. And there might not be much more to say in the matter. Until someone hears from @Jesse, or the info about the online presence for that specific address is leaked.

^ I will how ever give you an apology @RegenX. Since I think I owe you one, from the other thread I commented.
    - After reading the first one, I realize that I might have come out a little douché in the second one. You're obviously bothered by this whole thing, and my annoyingly direct way to say things. Might not have been the smartest move I could make. - So I respectfully apologize for that.

6. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Well, I can say with 99% certainty, that Jesse wasn't in Breaking Bad. (Jesse Pinkman is the sidekick. Being the only other guy, to appear in every episode. <- For people like me, that haven't watched the show.. "I read the wiki just now, ssh.")

- So that dosn't give much.

7. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    <Michael,
    lol, yes I looked up the meth head persona yesterday

again I should thank you for spending the time and helping , your suggestions were helpful, and your direct
    manner spurred me to do something more about this than I had been doing, so....
    I respect you. Gratitude and respect here.

michael sørensen likes this.
  8. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Well, I'm glad to have been of some assistance at least.
    - I do hope you get your coins back. Having something stolen, which you're fond of, or see a future for. Is always a shitty experience. Though no matter how expensive. It's still an experience, and depending on what you take away from it. It can be a valuable experience for your own future.

I wish I could do more to help. But unfortunately I don't have a hat on my head, so no real skills to track the cat down online.

^Just Îgnore the obviously bad puns. <.<

RegenX likes this.
  9. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    #9 RegenX, Mar 2, 2016
    this was bothersome because it was so up and down
    first up that I was in the airdrop with a feeling of hope,
    then down that I forgot where the seed paper was and couldn't get the airdrop into a wallet,
    (while knowing that my mistakes were costing time for others trying to help)
    then back up when it looked like Jesse was going to solve it, then back down when that failed,
    back up again when I finallly found the paper with the seed written down on it, then crashing down
    when the decred.org wallet failed, and Jesse could not fix it.

then WAY back up when David overcame it all and got the binary wallet going with what looked like the balance salvaged
    then back down again finding out that Jesse took the airdrop and that the DCR balance was zero due to my
    own error in trusting him

David likes this.
  10. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    Such a shame. I too would like confirmation on the address that the coins went to, so any speculation about me being the thief is wiped clean.

RegenX likes this.
  11. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Yeah. That does sound like getting hit in the face, have some boobs tend at the pain, and then get clobbered in the groin, while boobs running away.
    ^That is how I imagined your experience.

12. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    - Oooh I would be feeling a slight adrenalin rush, if I where in your situation Dave.
    ^ One thing is to have something stolen from you. But to actually be implicated in the incident, and knowing with yourself that it wasn't you. While you just know, that others can't be sure it wasn't...

- Been there a couple of times. But in the past, it did use to be me. So the mistrust, was understandable.
    ^ But you. No record from what I, with my measly skills could find. So yeah. For both yours and RegenX's sake. I hope this case gets solved quickly.

RegenX and David like this.
  13. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    I never doubted your role in this from the start, for the record David. I knew you were helping me with this to try to keep the momentum going
    for Decred and it wasn't you who would dream of doing something like that.

David likes this.
  14. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I misread this 3 times, but my female friends' stories corroborate my misreadings, at least.

15. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Are you sure, you misread though? ;)

16. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I am so sorry that this happened to you RegenX. This occurred two weeks ago. The developers have been stressing the importance of not giving away those 33 seed words. I do not know if you read the thread about @Blizzy. I knew that you felt that you could trust him, and he took advantage of your vulnerabilities. I am just going to say to anyone who still has coins. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR 33 SEED WORDS. They are your bank account. If help is needed. Try to get as much information as possible to do it on your own. If there continues to be a problem; my suggestion is PM @insoc

RegenX, David and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  17. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Well it didn't make a lot of sense for you to suddenly bring up back pain in the middle of recapping the events of a con job.

18. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I can see, how that would be weird. And I mixed the words "misunderstood" and "misread" with each other. So yours had kind of a different meaning as well. >.<

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  19. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    Can anyone find out who this Jesse Pinkman really is , and find out whose airdrop address he sent my DCR balance to?

20. Finksy

Finksy New Member
    Translator (Français)

Feb 9, 2016
    #20 Finksy, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Edit: already established (Jesse Pinkman is a fictional character)

Sorry about your misfortune